unsure career choice

I recently graduated from a 3D animation program. I love watching 3d animated cartoons, playing video games, and all the cool special effects in movies that are all related to 3D animation. I have trial versions of the software at home but I never seem to get off my lazy but and practice with it and build up a portfolio. I know I'll never get a job anywhere without a strong portfolio for potential employers to look at. Is this maybe a phase I'm struggling to get through or is it possible that I truly don't like to do this stuff (3d animation).

P.S I've been out of school now for about 6 months with not job in 3d animation and no new animations added to my portfolio, only what I have done at school.

Hey craven

Well honestly I have no idea. How can I understand you if you can't yourself? It's a hard question, I mean there's things I like to do but there are times when I am too lazy to do it, that doesn't mean I don't like to do it anyless though.

I guess you should really get yourself together and TRY to do something for your portfolio coz you aint' gonna find out till you start and do something.

Heb

Is it possible you've burned out a little bit? I'm an engineer. I hit the pinnacle of my career last year. Then.. I wanted nothing to do with it!! I burned out. But I waited.. and then 8 months later was back in action.

Continue to find other things that interest you. Get your mind off of 3D. If it's meant to be, you'll come back to it.

Once I got my mind off engineering, I enjoyed it more when I was at work.

Funny thing is.. I'm going into seminary this fall, so that goes to show you, you have to keep an open mind about life