Finger Sucking?

OK I admit it, I am a bona fide finger sucker, left hand index finger =) For me its more than a habit, I used to smoke cigarettes and the release I get from my finger is similair to the release I would get from smoking. It also enables me to "center" and just be for a little while. I don't think their is anything wrong with it, Im just curious what people think when they see me, like if it grosses some people out. Which I can understand, because if you just try sucking your finger it tastes nasty! But a bona fide finger sucker will tell you that their sucking finger rarely tastes bad, because it doesn't sweat due to the sucking over the years.

I have seen the occasion adult do this, and for the most part, it's not really all that obvious at a casual glance. I understand that it's a comfort mechanism. I'm assuming it doesn't cause any other problems?

It doesn't gross me out personally. It's more along the lines of "Hmm, wonder what her story is." if I noticed. There's a reason we do just about everything. There's a reason you do that, and you seem fairly sure you know what it is.

In fact, I used to suck my thumb as a kid, and once in a blue moon, I find just pressing the pad of my thumb against my upper front teeth is comforting.

Does it worry you very much? If not, and you don't notice a lot of negative looks, then don't worry about it. It likely isn't worth messing up your emotional balance by trying to change that if it doesn't cause a problem.