Need advice for online dating...

Blue_Soul

Hi,

I'm a 25 year old single and have been hearing a lot about online dating. I've joined link removed but that seems to be more of a 'personals' site where you can't actually chat. Besides, no one returns my emails so I'm getting a little disallusioned (sp?). Are there sites I don't know about where you can find someone with common interests, etc and actually talk or is link removed et al the only way? Any help would be appreciated.

there are many others, although expensive, that new link removed service looks good, they really get into your head, I did the tests/questionair (long) just to see what they matched me up with, and I have to say, the matches were good, also a couple sent invitations for further contact, I didnt follow up on them though, as im already chatting with a girl I like, (one girl at a time guy) anyway, that looks ok,

you can also go into forums specific to things you like to do, and meet people there. lets say you like snowboarding, find a chat room that is dedicated to snow sports etc. strike up some conversations.

Yahoo has live chat rooms, and some are for dating, I checked those out, looks like a bunch of 13 year olds chatting in there, everyone begging for some gal to turn on her web cam, just a little silly to me, but who knows you may get lucky.

I havent turned on mIRC in many years, but there you can find channels for every interests on this planet and a few others too hehe. In mIRC i remember finding lots of good mature adult chatting.

It depends on you really, if you are lucky you might get to know people whom you never would've known if you were to go with the conventional way of dating. But according to some of my friends who have been through this, I am getting mixed reactions. As for myself, I've tried it before, without much success because I didn't spend too much time on it (lol). Although anyhow, the online aspect does help alot, especially when you want to talk about deeper things that you wouldn't otherwise talk about in real life because it might seem 'awkward'. My current girlfriend and I actually talk much more online than we do in person, even though we live very close by (she doesn't really like the phone) and I see her every week and we still get along great.

Hope that shed some light for you.

just wanted to ad a couple things more.

The internet is a great way to find your match, you can sift through many people and more easily find someone your compatible with.

Its a great tool, BUT it has its limits, it may be good at locating the person of your dreams but its not very good at maintaining a relationship, to make it real you must meet, date, touch, kiss, all the real world parts of dating. I say this because you posted this in "dating and SHY people" so eventually your gonna have to meet with that person, the good thing is, that you will know a lot about that person, and its a lot easier that way for a shy person.

I dont wanna make fun or anything but, i just find it Ironic.

that a person named "Needherback" just posted advice on where his Ex

found her new boyfriend.

If it wasnt so sad, it would be funny.

needherback, how you feel about all this, are you still friends with her? or is she throwing this stuff in your face?