"smoking pot a reality check?"

Hi all,

I have noticed then when I smoke pot, the answers to lifes questions are much more clear and realistic, and that smoking the green in moderate doses is beneficial to getting a better grasp on your journey to self discovery.

Any smokers out here at enotalone concur with me? Like to get some feedback on this, ta.

DUDE I TOTALLY AGREE. I WENT TO SCHOOL AFTER YEARS OF BEING OUT AND I REALIZED THAT SMOKING IS ACTUALLY A LEARNING TOOL. IT HELPS YOU RECEIVE THE INFO ALOT SLOWER AND THEN IT STICKS TO YOU. BECAUSE IT KEEPS PLAYING IN YOUR HEAD SO MY CONCLUSION DUDE TOKE IT UP!

How long have you been smoking? That's what I thought when I first started but, after a while, the enchantment gradually wears off and then you're just STONED! I still smoke occasionally, but I've never learned anything about myself and certainly didn't see things more clearly by getting high. Just my $.02.

Hi Guys,

I smoked pot for nearly 10 years, and I believe that it effects different people in different ways. It is not as simple as "it's great for you", but it is certainly not as bad as authourities would like us to believe.

There are different levels of stoned though. You may absorb something quite well after one beer, but after 10? !! You inderstand my point.

In saying that, I have certainly found a concentration of well rounded people in smoking circles - and these people certainly seem more at ease with things around them and conscious of the way things are around them. Of course there are always exceptions to this aswell.

The bottom line is that it is ver general to just say that one applies to all as with everything, but you are quite close to the truth here. It has been also proven that people that smoke have a higher learning ablilty than people who don't. Though of course, there are also tests that say otherwise !!! THe debate will I'm sure continue........

Thats my 2 cent for you !

~Charmed~

I completely agree. Smoking tends to focus your mind on whatever your doing, and cause you to think in a far more abstract manner. Solutions to problems tend to manifest themselves in the sense that you aren't thinking in the normal way.

Personally as an rt student I sometimes feel that completing certain assignments would be very difficult without a little herbal assistance.

The hemp plant happens to also be one of the most useful plants that we have. It can be used as a source of energy, fuel, paper, clothing, and can easily be made into construction matierial or a kind of "bio-plastic".

okay lemme clear this up a little, first off pot should not be smoked regularly and should be used for two reasons -> 1 a doctor perscribes it and 2. you decide ahead of time how much, when, and how many times. thats my thoughts, most everybody has had it before. But it still is a big deal, there are to many crack heads around. my advice is only do it a few times then BE DONE WITH IT!

heres my $.02. i agree that smoking can put you in "your zone". be it work, problems, hobbies....etc. i would highly argue that pot is a "gate way" drug. yes i started off smoking pot, and yes i also started to use other drugs. not because pot wasnt good enough and i was seeking something better. because my curiosity lead me to try these differant things. for acouple years of my life i was doing whatever me and my friends could get our hands on. today i no longer do those other drugs.....nor does my curiosity want to do and try more drugs.

i can say this..........pot has probably kept me off the other stuff.

Hey guys,

My lazy behind ex, smoked pot all the time! Morning, Day and Night.

I really do not recall pot helping him in any way, but making him a lazy lard butt.

I am not sure what pot will do to your body after many years of smoking ex: Lung Cancer. I do not want to take the risk.

Well different strokes for different FoLkS!

Hoppy 26.

I believe that you don't really understand what drugs are and what exactly a gateway drug is. Pot may indeed be for some a gateway drug, but no more than alchol is for others. These substances are there to get you out of your mind - plain and simple. Gateway drugs are called so because if you buy your pot off a dealer, he may indeed have some xtc or whatever else that you might be tempted by. You take the pot dealing off the dealer, and the user has no gateway !!

You were curious to get high, and would have done it anyways - pot or no pot. My friends and I sniffed aerosol at the age of 12 - is that a gateway drug?! There is a huge difference between people who want to get high in general, and people who smoke pot and suddenly want to go down the road to heroin. If Pot was legal, there would be another drug for the anti-drugs people to call "the gateway drug" and the cycle would continue. Remember, pot was only made illegal to ensure that the big corporations that owned the forrests of trees would make the money, and not the ones with the hemp plants !!

If they sold xtc in the pubs with beer, I assure you that practally everyone would be doing it - because of the access. Pot effects people in different ways - and different types of pot effect people in different ways. Some people get lazy, some people get productive.

~

charmed..........seems that aerosol you were sniffing at 12 has taken its toll on your brain. your idea of a gateway drug(becuase your pot dealer may have something else) is pretty silly.

people seek other drugs simply because pot isnt enough.millions of people just smoke, millions of people just drink. i feel it depends on every individuals personality. my personality lead me to do what ive done.

obviously yours did to at the age of 12.

Thanks for the kind words Hoppy.

You have backed up my case - thank you. Indeed, it is the person that defines the status of these drugs. You have not told me why pot is a gateway drug like you originally stated - and I still claim it is not. Could you please clarify your understanding of Gateway drug for me again?

It is a drug - and no matter where you are on the scale, as you said, it is the personality that will inevatibly define how far down the scale you will go - and the first stage of getting high in this world legally is either drink, or cigarettes - and generally it is not pot.

charmed..........seems that aerosol you were sniffing at 12 has taken its toll on your brain

I also assure you that I am relativly uneffected by the very very small amounts of aerosol I sniffed as an experimenting child.

I would also ask that you please have respect for people on this site, and do not put other people down to highten any of your own points - especially when you are ill informed to make such statements. It will not be tolerated.

heres my $.02. i agree that smoking can put you in "your zone". be it work, problems, hobbies....etc. i would highly argue that pot is a "gate way" drug. yes i started off smoking pot, and yes i also started to use other drugs. not because pot wasnt good enough and i was seeking something better. because my curiosity lead me to try these differant things. for acouple years of my life i was doing whatever me and my friends could get our hands on. today i no longer do those other drugs.....nor does my curiosity want to do and try more drugs.

i can say this..........pot has probably kept me off the other stuff.

I read it right, but it didn't say whether you were for or against and I assumed against! Why did you even let me continue without clarifying ??!!!

• 1 month later...

Some people tend to get addicted to things more than others. There is a gene that is in charge of our tendency for addictions.

If you only smoke the weed once ot twice a week, in a party or with a friend, you're fine.

My boyfriend smokes every day, a few times day and it has ruined out relationship many times. I see him lose grasp over life, can't concentrate, dropping classes, being broke, spending money on weed when he has no money for food...

And the sex drive, lord, boys, I am a sexy girl, and he just wants to chill, or play a computer game, or just fall a sleep.

I am close again to that point of ending it, hoping I'll have the strength to make it final this time. After 2 years, I should have learnt I can't change him. He has to change for himself, and I can't wait forever.

So...don't let it ruin your life.