i did about the same but worse to my boyfriend, but the only thing is that it was two months into our relationship and after this incident of mine, i new that i did not yet truly love him as much as i had thought i would . but it proves that she does love you and you love her as the feeling of hurt is shown. maybe you two need to sit down and discuss were you two would like this to lead. its going to take time, its not going to go away over night. it may take a year it may take a month, who knows. maybe you two need to go to marrage counsaling if it gets to worse, just dont move away from each other, please stay close becuase moving apart causes many many divorces and you dont want that to happen over one lil kiss.

good luck

~foreverurz23~

Atleast she was honest and had told you the truth. I guess that shows that she's really guilty about what she did. In my opinion, i think she really do love you. That it was temptation that came over her when she was being friends with this guy. And it probably hit her that your the most important person in her life when she kissed him. Listen to her and give her another chance. Yes, sometimes its easy to forgive but so hard to forget.But you gotta give it a benefit of a doubt. Just the fact that she didn't hide it from you and confessed. Goodluck!

May I please first say you are a loving husband for caring so much about your wife. The trust will come later, but you have already chosen to forgive her which is the first step. Just remember, for better or for worse.

So as not to repeat myself, I would suggest you read the following thread posted just yesterday (I believe). It is different circumstances, but the same result... Just step back and look at it from all points of view, and it will help you understand a bit more:

link removed

Good luck

S.A.M.

Hey elvatlonko, I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you. That is my worst fear!!

This all started because of her emotional infidelity. The minute she told you that she and this co-worker started discussing their respective relationships, that should have raised a major red flag. Emotional infidelity is the direct path to cheating, although I believe that emotional infidelity IS cheating, but that's arguable.

Does she still work with this other guy? Besides admitting to the deed, what else is she doing to help reassure you that she'd never do this to you again? I know that your trust in her is damaged, so she has a lot of work to do to re-establish your trust. My advice would probably have been to leave her because of the loss of trust and because of the deep insecurities and suspicions that you may develop if you stay with her, but I see that you guys really love each other and by coming to you she obviously loves you enough to let her guilt get to her. You guys have a lot of talking and communicating to do.

I suggest you do what I did. In the first few months of being with my current g/f, it seemed that we were going to stay together for the long haul, so I drove her nuts for a whole week printing out articles and case studies on emotional infidelity, even though it didn't even happen. I felt that it was important enough to discuss early in the relationship, because I wanted to make sure that we set expectations for each to alleviate future misunderstandings and whatnot. I know that it sunk in because just a few days ago me and one of her female friends were having a discussion on her current relationship, and my g/f was the first one to bring up the emotional infidelity facture. What a smile that brought to my face.

Go to google and do a search on emotional infidelity and print out a few articles and discuss them with your wife. This could probably help you guys from preventing this from happening again.

Good luck and keep us updated with your progress.

If she done it once, she'll do it again. She got close to this guy because something was lacking in your relationship. Don't fall for the tears bit, even if you stay together, don't forget that SHE WORKS with this guy. You'l never get any piece of mind.

Your not being insecure either, she just betrayed your trust. When a woman is totally happy with you Brad Pitt could come along and she'd smile at him and not give him a second thought.

I just hope there's no children involved.

Thank you all for your advice.

My wife is going to request a transfer to another location where this guy will not be as she has expressed discomfort with working next to him.

We have had many very long and productive conversations on the matter and I sincerely think we can make things work and get past this.

Thanks again.

Elvatoloko