What do I do? I can't decide! Help me!

Here's my situation. I'm 25 years old, have a degree and I work as IT Manager for the family business. I am in line to take over as director of the business in about 8 years.

When I was 20, I took a year to travel around the Southern hemisphere, when I returned I worked in a few places until I had some experience so I could offer my expertise in the family business.

I've been working here for just over a year, however, for the past few years I have felt that I want to travel again. The problem is, if I leave the business, I will not be allowed to come back. So, I could travel again and have some fun but lose the financial stability that comes with staying here. I would also disappoint my family if I travel again but I just don't feel ready to settle into a permanent job yet.

I'm 25, time is running out. What do I do?

You should do whatever feels right.... (oh that is good advice isn't it?)

i'm sorry but i don't know...it is your choice.....you should honestly do whatever your heart tells you to do.....take a risk...it will make all the difference

Goodluck!!!!!!

The decision I have made is to wait a while. I believe it is my heart telling me to travel again but this is for the wrong reason. If you have read my other posts you will see that I recently broke up with my girlfriend. I feel better than I did but perhapps any decision I make will be clouded by my negative emotions.

I'm going to wait until my 26th birthday in August. If I still feel like this when I turn 26 then I'm phoning the Australian Embassy and filing for migration.

It's hard making this kind of decision. What would you do? I could be a millionnaire by the age of 35 or I could throw it all away and have some fun while I'm still young. Money isn't everything, but it's a whole lot of money. Some people have told me that money can't buy happiness, well I'll be happy no matter what I do, but maybe travelling will make me more happy and maybe if I stick to this job I will always have that nagging thought in the back of my mind... "What if I'd have done this..."

• 4 months later...

good for you! i know how hard it can be to make a really tough decision. the best of luck on your job (you have one right?) Anyway, don't forget to take a trip and have fun once and awhile.

Australia is wonderful. I've been there myself!

Anyway, good luck and have fun

~kyla~

good for you! i know how hard it can be to make a really tough decision. the best of luck on your job (you have one right?) Anyway, don't forget to take a trip and have fun once and awhile.

~kyla~

~kyla~