Whats the next step without looking to needy??

Hi Debbie,

I think his rage is credited to jealousy. Make him see that you only went on a date, not sleep around with this other guy. Tell him that it is time to put the past behind and let sleeping dogs lie. It's not healthy to be digging up the skeletons from the closet.

Since you mentioned that this relationship is worth fighting for, then spend some time to talk to him about it. If he chooses to give in to jealousy rather than to believe and trust in you, it will be his loss.

Good luck!

definetly jealousy,like bleeder said,but whats worse is that it is someone he knows...i dont know the reason that you had to go out with someone he knows,but if you can convince him that the very reason you chose to go out with someone he knows,is because you knew he would find out about it,and you hoped it would make him jealous,and it would make him want to ask you to come back to him...thats what i would want to hear from a woman i was involved with that did what you did.otherwise it would be a never ending issue.but thats just me...it wouldnt hurt to try good luck....

Debbie,

The reality is we often view our relationships through our eyes and through the eyes of our peers. I agree that his actions indicate jealousy, but in truth not many people would feel 100% comfortable that after a brief period of seperation an ex-partner engages in a date, which may or not amount to anything. The fact he knows the guy simply contaminates the problem. The reality is you need to tell him how you really feel and that you understand his point of view, but at the end of the day the key to any long lasting relationship is trust.

He has to learn to remember that what happened in the past is gone and he must focus his energy on today and tomorrow.You clearly want to do that and you must ask him if he wishes to also. If that proves too difficult then he has kind of answered the question with regards to a long term reconciliation.

Good luck I hope he has the maturity to see what is meaningful here.