Split from partner after 24 years

Goldie60

I split from my partner 3 months ago after 24 years over a family disagreement he moved away and I now find he is seeing a woman who he says is only a friend but he stays overnight at her place. He rings and texts me saying maybe we could start again. I’m so confused is he leading me on. Sometimes he doesn’t answer my calls or texts.

Twenty-four years is a long time to have been with someone, even if it's for the right reasons, you are both bound to be hurting. Everyone reacts differently to these situations, and I'd say that men are much more likely to lash out or have rebounds. You need to step back and consider the reasons why you split in the first place, and work on yourself. Of course you're still going to love him, or even if you don't, you grow accustomed to these people being in your life, so its comfortable. However, you need to be fatalistic about this and spend some time working on yourself. Spend time with friends, family, travel, move or take up a new hobby. Do some thinking, consider what you want in your life and try not to think about what he may be doing with other women. After all, right now you have split up, but that doesn't mean that your feelings or the situation won't change. Re-approach it in six months or so and everything will feel clearer, you'll either feel more secure in yourself or will want to get back in touch with him to fix your relationship. Until then, don't concern yourself with what he's up to, and spend time on other things that are just as important. Stay strong.

You split over a "family disagreement?" After 24 years together it seems rather odd that a family disagreement would cause him to walk out of the relationship. What else has been going on in your union to the point that the family disagreement was the straw that broke the camels back?

Archived