Do I talk to my friend again or not?

SunFLower8

Hi forum!

Fairly new on here.

Thought I'd take this nagging dilemma to a forum as online advice is hard to come by.

First of all as the title suggests I'm unsure weather to talk to a pretty long term friend again.

First of all; some background about my relationship. I first met my friend 6 years ago when he started a new school (the school I attended ) when I was 12. Were currently both 18. As school started a few years before I'd already made friends with some other pupils and we formed a circle. Over the years we stayed together and had some good times. A few others came and went. Eventually it was time to leave school and go to further education (sixth form). Including me 4 of us applied for the same place ( including the friend ) and attended.

Fast forward to October last year I started to feel like the relationship I had with the friend wasn't Adequate. I couldn't really put my finger on what it was but there was something about him that put me off. His persona? Behaviour? I feel like I had (ve) fairly good chemistry with him but there were a few things: He would make fun of people on text a lot and show reversed persona a lot.

I believe the real issue however, is how I dealt with this idea I had that he was maybe toxic or manipulating...

I looked online.... Sigh... about manipulating and toxic relationships and decided that he was both decided to withdraw myself slowly from the friendship. A year has now passed and I'm now staring university. I'm commuting locally so I see my family often, but not the same friends. I've disconnected from him through a few social media outlets but not all of them. As the rest of my friends are pretty close nit ( physically ) it's easier for them to talk and see him. I've told two of my other friends how I feel and one passively agreed about my decision. He said he wants to pusrsue his own path ( not sure if he still is ) and the other one is I suppose less agreeing but still fairly understanding. I didn't want to admit my feelings towards my friend so I said I'd remain out to discourage hurt and confusion.

Is it bad that I didn't talk to him face to face and is there anything I can do to make mends?

If anyone has had or is going through a similar experience and can enlighten me with some wisdom it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Well, if he was toxic and manipulating, no, you shouldn't go back to him. You're at college, start making new friends. You will never find a group of like-minded individuals as you will at university. There are plenty of boys there. Find someone nice. Don't go back to a loser.

Archived