Depression

DoubleD51

I've been depressed for about 3 years now and can't seem to find my way out of it... Let's start by talking about my background I guess , Im an only child , i have a dad that's bipolar and its shown on his medical records, and I haven't talked to my mom since the age of 3 due to the fact that she left me. I just recently graduated from high school this year and everyone in that school and around me don't want to talk to me, due to the fact that some boy I had problems with spreaded a lie about, some girl, I supposely said I had sex with which the girl found out and said it wasn't true, and they all believe this idiot ass boy, and made them all not wanna talk to me. I've been taking drugs for a while now also and its my only gate way away from reality. Idk what to do anymore, my life feels like it sucks but I tell myself it isn't, which isn't working. I also can't seem to socialize with people like how I use to, And it sucks. I need advice please someone talk to me .

I've been depressed for about 3 years now and can't seem to find my way out of it... Let's start by talking about my background I guess , Im an only child , i have a dad that's bipolar and its shown on his medical records, and I haven't talked to my mom since the age of 3 due to the fact that she left me. I just recently graduated from high school this year and everyone in that school and around me don't want to talk to me, due to the fact that some boy I had problems with spreaded a lie about, some girl, I supposely said I had sex with which the girl found out and said it wasn't true, and they all believe this idiot ass boy, and made them all not wanna talk to me. I've been taking drugs for a while now also and its my only gate way away from reality. Idk what to do anymore, my life feels like it sucks but I tell myself it isn't, which isn't working. I also can't seem to socialize with people like how I use to, And it sucks. I need advice please someone talk to me .

I've been in your shoes, it sucks I know. I had Major Depressive Disorder. What I found helpful and helped me out of the dark dark hole. (a little bit of light helps) is group therapy as well as counselling. Group therapy allowed and exposed me to people. I was always at home and didn't want to see anyone. Group therapy also help me realize that I'm not alone. I met tons of great people from group. Just us sharing our stories and everyday struggles together, believe or not, really help me get some light. Individual counselling is helpful as well, gives you a one on one chance with the therapist to discuss how you are feeling. Group is great, I'm telling you, I've taken several groups and they teach you how to re-frame your negative thoughts. I still use those tools everyday in my life. Everyone that I met in groups are so nice, friendly, supportive and could understand what you are going through. The best is NOT feeling like you are alone. Ask your doctor for a referral and give it a try. Good luck.

I've been in your shoes.

First, don't think you're ok. You're not ok. And that's ok. That does not mean that you are defective in some way or that your situation is irreversible.

I'm 26, and when I was 15 some events in my life lead me to a really, really dark place that lasted for years. In those years of profound unhapiness I've suffered like hell. The most difficult thing was the emptiness, the "no-point" in life. If you're not in this point yet, take action now so you don't get to that because that's the difficult part. Dealing with incapacity of joy.

You are not ok because you had been emotionally neglected due to your familiar situation. And to be where you are now - depressed and all - it's a totally normal reaction.

Once I read that depression is nothing but anger build up inside. You've been angry because your needs weren't met. Your need of validation, of being taken care of, of being loved, understood, listened, believed in... were not met, repeatadly, and you became angry. But because there was nobody to validate your anger you didn't expressed it. So it's inside of you.

Free yourslef. Feel your feelings without judgment and give yourself the validation you probably never got from your parents and from the majority of people in your life.

You are a valuable, normal, lovable human being.

Step out of the stigma inside your head. Be honest with yourself. It will hurt but it will set you free.

Once you have compassion towards yourself everything will follow that frequency.

You are not alone. And you are not condmened to this state of mind - even if, at this moment, you don't even know other kind of reality, blieve me, you have the capacity to be happy.

Who do you live with? Are you going to go to college? Can you go away to college for a change of scene? Do you work? You won't see these HS people anymore and can make new more mature friends at work/college.

Bipolar runs in families and is serious so stay on your meds and continue therapy. Don't worry about petty HS idiots gossiping.

Im an only child , i have a dad that's bipolar I haven't talked to my mom since the age of 3 I just recently graduated from high school this year.I also can't seem to socialize with people like how I use to, And it sucks.
Who do you live with? Are you going to go to college? Can you go away to college for a change of scene? Do you work? You won't see these HS people anymore and can make new more mature friends at work/college.

Bipolar runs in families and is serious so stay on your meds and continue therapy. Don't worry about petty HS idiots gossiping.

I'm not bipolar I don't need meds, I'm currently living away from my dad. I live in North Carolina with my uncle. And I start college next year. Yes I work I work in a fast food joint called five guys. And I'm trying.

Archived