Should I talk to this girl? And how?

Rocknroll540

I recently met this girl in a college class who has a lot in common with me. I talked to her a little and found we both love the same music, we both hate the government, we both play guitar, we both have similar viewpoints on the world. But then she dropped the class for whatever reason and I have not spoken with her since. I'm not very experienced with relationships or talking to women in any way other than friends, and I never had any plans to be in any serious relationships. I always felt like relationships distract me from my life goal of becoming a successful musician. However, I'm wondering if I should take the chance with her, and if I should, then how should I try to talk to her. Any advice would be appreciated.

I recently met this girl in a college class who has a lot in common with me. I talked to her a little and found we both love the same music, we both hate the government, ....

Ask her to marry you. If she says no and she's at least halfway attractive, mind giving me her number? Or at least start by just asking her to hang out sometime and it should go from there. Just make friends by bonding over your common interests and let it take its course. If you're into her, just come out and say so.

As a successful musician, I can assure you that yes a relationship - in fact ANY distraction from practicing or hustling for gigs - will definitely distract and hinder you from a shot at success. And in case you're not aware, even many of the most "successful" musicians have very little money and that along with the fact that you'd be touring is a major problem in any serious relationship. Some can make it work, but the cards are stacked very much against you.

It sounds like you two have the potential to be good together. You'll never know unless you ask her. Ten years down the line the chances are you'd regret not asking her out a lot more than you'd regret the alternative. As a girl who's also in college I'd have to say that I like guys who have the courage to be straightforward and honest about their feelings. If you bump into her in person invite her for coffee or a drink, something casual at first. Good luck!

Archived