Anxiety and allergies?

Does anyone have anxiety about their allergies? I'm not allergic to any foods or anything like that, mostly trees/weeds/pollen, some animals. My spring time allergies are so bad that I tried allergy shots for a while last year but I had some weird reactions after them that I don't know was because of the shot or anxiety from getting the shot and worrying about a reaction. (One time I even went to the ER, but they said everything seemed fine). This year has already started off so bad that I made an appointment with my doctor to discuss options and I'm sure he will suggest shots again... I did feel that it was helping when I was doing it last year, but I'm scared to try it again. Anyone have any positive experiences with allergy shots?

Get a referral to an ENT and have them do a CT scan of your sinuses. I had severe allergies that had contributed to severe nasal polyps and chronic sinusitis. My ENT was able to perform an outpatient surgery that was not bad at all, and I have not had any allergy problems since (It's been almost one year since the surgery).

Archived