:(

XAmyX

im 19... i dont really know what to say cos i have never really talked about it i guess i jus dont know how else to control my feelings and wen i cut it makes me feel better and relaxed... i have noone really to talk to people just dont understand...

Hi,

I personally have never experienced cutting. But i do know the feeling of lonliness and ot wanting to go on. Feeling depressed and just low. Im sorry to hear this. Im glad though you joined. Keep writing here and at least you'll know your not totally alone. You can be honest here. You said that youve been doing this for about 2 years or so? Was there something that triggered your sadness? A break up, family trouble, issues at school? Please dont feel alone Your not........

it was so childish why i started my ex and i had a fight as e found out i was talking to and still liked an ex boyfriend... e told me i was at to making him feel like he wanted to kill himself and he was so hurt so i grabbed a scissors and started cutting as i felt i deserved to be hurt too... i guess it has just carried on from there and been my only way to express my emotions without talking to people... its just a way of life for me now when i feel low down and angry i pick up something and start cutting...

came in from a night out last night sat there covered in cuts with tablets in front of me i really wish i had of takin them now!!! i reached out to someone last night but they werent there for me i really taught they wud b but instead they went and told my best friend makin everything worse i just dont know what to do i feel so alone... oh and they said if i dont tell my friend everything he will tell my dad... my dad would never understand he would go mental...

Yo have to be very certain that whoever you talk to will understand.

Write this off as a learning experience.

Friends....even the closest ones will not react in they way you would expect them to.

They are only doing what they believe is right.

Many people who have not been through cutting relate it to potential suicide which is not the case.

Cutting does not make sense to them in the way you see it as a release.

From what it sounds like, you are lone where you are.

It appears the start has already happened, you just have to go with it.

why do people have so much anger towards people that SI? why do they have to judge? why cant they just b there for you when you need someone to talk? they just dont understand they think theres something mentally wrong wit you wen all you need is someone to talk to...

Because inflicting wounds on ones self is often looked as an emergency situation to someone who does not comprehend the actual purpose of cutting. for a cutter.

First thing which comes into a non cutters mind is cutting arteries = suicide.

This is why there is so much judgment upon the person in relation to psychological well being.

ugh i swear the only person i feel comfortable talking to doesn wanna know ... he says theres something wrong with me in the head and that i need help... all i want is t talk bout how i feel so i can get rid of the feelins b4 i have to cut... i hate having to cut but i jus have to the urges do b too strong everything revolves around it until i cut... i hate my self my arm is sooo sore right now

No really sure what's hoing on, but...the friend u turned to probably is convinced that its up to him to save you from killing yourself, the best friend better realize that this is one of those moments in which to earn that title!

Please stay away from those pills - you know what a knife will do against your arm, but, pills can have permanent and unintended (chaotic) results; results you may never have wanted.

SI rarely attempt suicide; suicidal people not uncommonly employ SI as a means. If you really do want to end it, then your problems and situation is different then if you are SI concerned. If you do want to kill yourself, then, the only advice I can give on that is do the same thing as if you were having a heart attack - get professional medical help right away (and, worry about everything whenever later).

There's nothing "wrong" with u head! U emotions and thoughts and ways of dealing may be awry, but, then again, there is no truly "normal" person in existence, anyway.

There's no reason to suppose that u r going to cut forever, lots of people stop, in time.

I, too, wish that I could stop....

Sometimes distraction is all we need instead of being couped up in the same place which ends up reminding us of things best left under the rug.

Figure out other things which will take your mind of such thought which lead you cutting.

I find walking in peaceful places helps me get away from the torment which sometimes overwhelms my mind.

I don't want to say, "avoid your problems, be distracted and don't deal with them"! You do need to face and explore your causes, concerns, etc., but, do it when you are strong, and do other, more constructive, things when you are feeling low, feeling the urge. Glad that today's better!

You know you'll have good times and bad - where do you want to go/want to be with this in the future?

Archived