Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kissing best friend on the lips.

dont_know_what_2_say
    Silver Member dont_know_what_2_say's Avatar

kissing best friend on the lips.

who here has friends (of the opposite sex), that they kiss on the lips as a hello? (no tongue)

would you be ok with someone you are dating to do this?

jengh
    No, and no....except for my gay guy friends.

...why is this posted in Netherlands?

Cognitive_Canine
    Platinum Member Cognitive_Canine's Avatar
    Nope, can't imagine that. I only ever kiss my boyfriend and my grandmother.

jettison

When I was younger, I went through a phase where I was kissing everyone on the lips hello and goodbye. And then I wondered why my girlfriend always acted so jealous..... <scratching head>

These days, I know a few women who kiss me hello on the lips, but it doesn't seem so normal, and I'm not as comfortable with it as I once was because it's so easy to blur a friend/romance line sometimes. Take it from someone who has slept with many of his female friends over the years. The best policy is a hug IMHO.

TechResQ
    ummm...nope! cheek maybe, but not the lips...

dont_know_what_2_say
    I wrote Netherlands, because the guy I'm talking to is from there, and he just told me about this yesterday.
    I was pretty shocked and I found it a deal-breaker.

Just wanted to see what other people thought about it, and if I was just overreacting.

Resolute
    No, the closest thing I have to that is two of my female friends kiss each others cheeks in greeting.
    I honestly couldn't say I would be comfortable with my partner going around doing that so nonchalantly. Tell him/her how you feel about it.

dont_know_what_2_say
    I did, and he thought i was overreacting.

I guess it has to do with cultural differences. He said he wouldn't do it if he was with me, in a serious relationship. But I would still feel awkward whenever I was around his best friends, because I'd know they used to lip kiss all the time etc.

He's cute and sweet and nice, but I guess that's over... can't look past that.

and this is aside from the fact I think men and women can't really be friends...

greenmonster
    Quote Originally Posted by dont_know_what_2_say [Register to see the link]
    I wrote Netherlands, because the guy I'm talking to is from there, and he just told me about this yesterday.
    I was pretty shocked and I found it a deal-breaker.

Just wanted to see what other people thought about it, and if I was just overreacting.
    I'm not sure of the customs there and if this is widely accepted or not. A french girl that a buddy of mine dated always kissed everyone because she was raised in an environment where that wasn't out of the ordinary.

Dating people from another cultural upbringing can be difficult due to little things like this, its best to get all the info and try to see things from all angles. Talk to him and let him know how you feel, if he doesn't understand and its still a deal breaker then move on.

norsewoman
    I've done that. Only with good friends and a quick peck type of kiss, nothing romantic. I think it's sweet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
No longer friends but she invited me to her wedding
I have a good group of friends from college. One guy, Ben dated Anna (who was not part of our original group) for 9 years during and after college
Arguing Over Nothing?
Hey everyone. I need some more advice about the same thing as last time. My friend is now giving me the "cold shoulder" because I like her ex. I
Confronted a friend who is having an affair with a married man...
About a year and a half ago, my good friend of 10+ years would always talk about this guy she works with who she found attractive. He's about 15
Friend turned stalker
I found this site when researching advice on my problem, so hello and I hope I find some good advice here. Ok so here is the situation: My
I feel like my best friend never reaches out
One of my best friend and I have been friends for 3 years, but super super close this past year. He's also a guy fyi. I feel like I do most of
Ending a friendship
Hello! I'd like to see what other people think about the following situation. I have met my best friend in high school, almost 9 years ago. We
Featured Threads
Ugly pictures
We had a professional photographer come in at work. I used the photo and put it on my dating profile. But when my Roomie saw it,she said take it
Not being "too" available.
I posted a few days ago about the younger guy I've been dating for 6 months and how he doesn't want to use BG/GF labels. I got some great feedback
I am having difficulty accepting my boyfriends bisexuality for no reason
So here goes; the main reason why I got this account here is probably because I am so ashamed of myself and that because I am surrounded by either
relationship advice
hi... I'll start by saying i'm a guy, i just really needed a woman's point of view for this, so i hope you can help me! My mom is paying for my
Seeing ex tomorrow..so confused. Need advice!
Hi everyone. I'm really confused with my ex. Dated two years; he was very hurt by the breakup. He hasn't dated many people, and I was his first
Needing advice and/or support with ex girlfriend
Ok. Long story short... I ended up in a serious relationship with my best friend of 7 years. The last 3 years of which we were in a serious
I really need some advice and a outside opinion
I really don't know what to do ... My girlfriend and I have been dating for about a year now she is no longer attracted to me but tells me she loves
Ask For Advice