Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Vehicles good for traveling.

speak

Hey everyone!

I am curious - What vehicles are good for traveling? Like, which ones drive smoothly, have the best gas mileage and all of that good stuff? I am saving up money for a new car and when that time comes, I'd like one that is good for travel.

Not an SUV, obviously. There are a lot of sites online where you can compare gas mileages for different kinds of cars (since gas prices are so high now). One is link removed - though you can find a lot more by searching yourself.

Really? Ha. I'm not so into honda's either. I have been thinking a Toyota Prius/Toyota camry or a volvo...

OH! and my first car was a 96 mustang!

My kinda WOMAN! lol

I have had a 1988 2.3 inline 4 mustang, 1996 red GT, 1986 Black 5.0 HO GT convertible, 1997 metalic royal blue iced pearl (custom paint obviously) GT Convertible with a saleen body kit, a 2002 silver GT and now this one.....

image removed

My kinda WOMAN! lol

I have had a 1988 2.3 inline 4 mustang, 1996 red GT, 1986 Black 5.0 HO GT convertible, 1997 metalic royal blue iced pearl (custom paint obviously) GT Convertible with a saleen body kit, a 2002 silver GT and now this one.....

image removed

Wow! You've had lots of them! haha. Your latest Mustang is HOT! What are the newest ones like?

Hey everyone!

I am curious - What vehicles are good for traveling? Like, which ones drive smoothly, have the best gas mileage and all of that good stuff? I am saving up money for a new car and when that time comes, I'd like one that is good for travel.

What is your budget, there are thousands of vehicles available, you need to tell us your budget, what do you like (compact car, family car, van, sports car, SUV, Crossover or a muscle car),do you care about gas mileage, do you car about power?

Wow! You've had lots of them! haha. Your latest Mustang is HOT! What are the newest ones like? Good gas mileage?

They are not all that great I am sad to say.

I get about 17mpg. It has a 16gal tank, gas is about $4.15/gal so I spend about $60 every 10 days. However,...... I LOVE THE SPEED, THE SOUND, AND THE SHEER COMFORT! lol.

If I were you I would just wait till the 2009 GT comes out. I hear they are making some body changes

I love my Honda Civic. I've had to do a lot of traveling all over and it's great for long trips...and great on gas! For the highway, I usually always get 40mpg and about 30 in the city. It's a comfy car with a really nice drive. If you're looking for something with more room in it...my brother had a Honda Fit and loved it. He also had to do a lot of traveling in that car and said he got really good gas mileage with it. It was also amazing how much stuff you could fit in that little car!

They are not all that great I am sad to say.

I get about 17mpg. It has a 16gal tank, gas is about $4.15/gal so I spend about $60 every 10 days. However,...... I LOVE THE SPEED, THE SOUND, AND THE SHEER COMFORT! lol.

If I were you I would just wait till the 2009 GT comes out. I hear they are making some body changes

I have a 2006 Sky-Blue Coupe Convertible. I love em...

...And yeah, the gas stinks but the sound, etc, is great!

Really? Ha. I'm not so into honda's either. I have been thinking a Toyota Prius/Toyota camry or a volvo...

OH! and my first car was a 96 mustang!

I have a camry and it's great for road trips. Seats all my friends comfortably with enough storage space for almost anything. Only downside it that it gets about 21 MPG in city.

Archived