Just started out 3 months ago...

beauty21

Hey everybody. I don't think anyone here really knows me. I post comments here and there, but never properly introduced myself...

I'm Beauty21and I am 21 years old. I have some concerns about my relationship and I just want some advice...

Okay, me and my boyfriend have been dating now for 4 months. When I met him I was going thru alot of hard times, and he was there when I just needed 1 true friend. He made me smile again, after experiencing a horrible break-up a year ago. He is African and I am American. He is from Africa, came to this country 6 years ago. That is not a problem for me as I am not a racist. I truly love the difference in us. The first problem is I work full-time and he has no job. Now this wouldn't be a problem for me if he was trying to get a job or attempting to make money by doing something positive. But he is not. I find myself going broke to support us both and I make pretty decent money. He lives with a roomate, but his brother pays the rent. I love him, but sometimes I look at him differently because he sits back and accepts the money, with no problem. Like he enjoys being taken care of. That turns me off big time. And I wait to do stuff for me when I really need it, just so that both of us can be happy.

Second problem is, me I have all male friends. And he knew that because we were introduced by a mutual friend of ours. Every since me and my ex broke up I encountered alot of male friends just to be friends cause I am more comfortable around males than females. That's just the way I am. Turned out my friends are his friends. Everybody knows eachother, but I knew them long time before I knew him. Now that we are together he wants me to stop hanging around them. And when they come around he get's mad because I have conversation with them or if I have eye contact with them. I'm like, what? He's tripping. I could understand if I met them while dating him. But I knew them way before he came around. Anyway, I have a concern about this because he calls some girl that he calls a "friend" to get money from her. He said they had sex along time ago. How can he tell me to stop being friends with people I've known and chilled with before him, never had sex with and yet he calls and get's money from a girl that he had sex with. I checked his phone and he calls her almost every morning and every night. He tried to call her one night I was sleeping, I heard him woke up and asked him what the hell he thought he was doing. But I didn't trip.

I just feel like he is doing something behind my back. Sometimes he can be so secretive. I asked him was he a polygamist as all africans seem to be. He tried to act like he didn't know what I was talking about. He also tries to use his language to his advantage and I catch him on it everytime. I want to help him financially, but at the same time I am young and I should not be taking care of a grown man. I also find him trying to do and say things that make me believe that he thinks he is going to be the woman and me the man, like:

1. He tries to iron my clothes in the morning.

2. Cooks breakfast.

3. He says that he will get my clothes out in the morning so that I have everything to gether.

4. He washes clothes.

5. Cleans.

6. He told me that when I was drunk I said I was gonna take care of him. Which I know didn't.

I mean come on, to me it sounds like he wants to make sure I make it to work on time everyday so that I can keep my job cause he think he gonna be living off me. True or false.

Please just give me your point of view and what you think.

Archived