learning from advice

yourcenar

as a new member, i have a question for 'older' members:

do you have any feedback from people who used to visit this forum, but have since entered new relationships?

has the stuff they learned here helped them to avoid the mistakes in the new relationship (e.g. choose a better person, be more independent and less 'needy' etc.), or enabled them to move on quicker in case they got dumped again?

probably depends on a person, although i believe anyone who has been reading these threads over a period time is likely to deal much more successfully with challenges in their future relationships.

Theres tons of great stories. Im working on my own! You just have to read posts. They will show up.

Keep in mind you may feel lonely know, but there is an old saying that "There's an a$$ for every seat!" You will find another person when you least expect it!

Though I don't exactly have a "success story" as far as reconciliation goes, I've been through two breakups. Last time I used this forum for help, and I came back this time again too (I'm currently going through the second one still). I learned so much through the first time, that has made this one a lot easier. Basically I've learned to be more open to people's advice, and think about things more rationally, etc. I don't think that I could specifically state one thing that made the difference, but I know for sure that without the help of this forum, I would be in an entirely different situation, and I wouldn't be doing nearly this well right now. Hopefully this situation will turn into a "success story" but only time will give me those answers, and I'm willing to just get through this and find out what happens

-AMG

Archived