Alot of Tension!!!!

There is alot of tension going around work at the moment with favourtism towards certain people. And it's really getting me and everyone around me down. Rumors are flying and in particular there is alot of tension between this one girl and I. I had to work with her the other night and there are like 50plus people in the place and they all said they could feel the tension between us. That you could hear a pin drop. I don't go out of my way to be mean, but I don't shy away either. 2 months ago I would have let her and everyone else walk all over me, not anymore. I put on a tough exterior when I'm at work but really it's eating away at me. I've told one of my boss's that I can't work with her and that she shouldn't put us together because it will end in a screaming match. It's totaly out of character for me to feel so angry and so much hate towards a person. She's so arrogant and so big headed that I just can't stand to be in the same room with her.

Anyways I just needed to vent, cause it's really annoying me.

Okay, ask yourself what specifically it is about this person that fuels your hatred. Sometimes, we cannot tolerate in others what we most dislike about ourselves. I am not saying this is the case with you, but you have to get a handle on this. It may cost you your job; it is certainly affecting your health. Does this person remind you of someone else, a family member? Were the two of you ever friends? Can you find one positive thing about her and concentrate on that. You are surrendering your power to her with these negative emotions. They say that hating someone is like burning down your house to get rid of a rat. It's extreme and you're the one who pays. You have to love yourself more than you hate her. Focus on you. Good luck.