Meeting Online Boyfriend For The First Time...I'm so scared. o.o

Bootz6661

I need some advice, or maybe some pick me up stories of people's own experiences. Perhaps I just need to vent out my thoughts...I haven't quite figured that part out yet.

So, here goes.

I met my bf online about a year or so ago, I'm really bad with dates...although he's able to remember the exact day we started talking. ANYWAY, we have just about everything in common, and he's proven himself very sincere and trustworthy. He never hesitates to call me beautiful or tell me how much I mean to him. Constantly tells me that he'll take care of me no matter what, hates when I'm mistreated in any way. Is always there when I need someone to talk to, even if it is at 6am(damn insomnia). Motivates me when everyone else gives me the 'No you can't' speech. And, somehow is the only person who can sincerely make me smile when my depression gets the better of me. He's even called me up at 1am just to say goodnight, tell me I'm beautiful, and I love you. I can't help but feel that he's perfect for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm more than excited to finally be able to be with him, but I can't help but be scared.

Maybe it's because I'm going to the other side of the country to see him. Taking myself completely out of my comfort zone, even if I tell myself how much I want this. Granted, I do want to move out and everything, but I guess it being so soon it's starting to sink in more.

Maybe I'm scared of how things will turn out in the end.

I don't know....Regardless, I'm going to go through with this. I'd hate to sit here with the whole 'what if...' thought floating through my subconscience.

What was it like meeting your online bf/gf?

Any advice to calm my shaking nerves?

I had a similar experience and it worked out really well (it ended eventually but after long time in a normal off line relationship). It sounds like you guys have a great relationship and it should be a good experience and I hope everything works out!

Granted, I do want to move out and everything, but I guess it being so soon it's starting to sink in more.

Wait, are you moving to be with him or just meeting him and then returning home?

Don't worry so much... that's my only advice. It may be awkward at first, but don't freak out about it. Both times I have seen my fiance (we met online), it was pretty awkward for the first hour. Then things go back to normal and we are our happy selves again.

Yeah, wow...even though my boyfriend and I hit it off immensely when we finally met face-to-face, after 9 months of being together online, I'm not sure I could have jumped into living with him immediately. In fact, even though we plan to have him move here to Oregon from Canada eventually, we would still like a couple more visits in the meantime, and we've known each other for over 2 years now.

How long till you meet him?

I'm also meeting my online friend in a month and so nervous about seeing him in person for the first time! I think that's normal but I agree, it's a scary thought...what if he's not like you imagined or that chemistry isn't there...so many things can go wrong but then again it could be amazing and you're meant for each other. Either way, it's a gamble. Life is about taking risks and having an adventure though!

I also met my online friend and the chemistry was definitely there, and even more so. It was awkward for the first 2 seconds or so. Then, not so much anymore....we hit it off pretty instantly.

But, I agree with other posters who have said that moving in with him immediately might not be the brightest idea. I'd hate to see you back on this forum in a couple of months complaining about how it didn't work out (which, considering you've never met face to face, is not the strangest scenario). Why not have a few visits first and see how that goes, and if you get along as well IRL as online?

Just go over and see him first. Don't move in, people that date their s/o for years irl sometimes are shocked at how they actually act 'at home' so yeah, moving in straight away with sb who you don't spend alot of time will be a problem. Don't jump right in, you got to consider the possibilities first. You're 19, try not to make impulsive decisions like this, you should think it out first properly.

Archived