My crush at work keeps walking by my department and looking at me

winter whiteout

Hi everyone! I told you before about this man I have a crush on at work and I was trying everything I could to forget about him and I am ignoring him all I can. Ever since I went up to his office and talked to him a month ago he has been coming around walking by department like he did in the past. Today 10 minutes after I got there I looked up and there he was walking by looking at me. God my heart starts beating fast when I see him! I took a walk to go to the restroom and his office is on the way but his boss and someone else was in his office. It is too hard to talk to him when he is in his office. He is the manager of his department and I don't want to make anything obvious. He is in a whole separate department than mine so it would not be a conflict of interest. There are no dating rules at my job I found out and there are about 7 couples that actually work where I do and they are in different departments. A couple of them are married now.

I could really tell and feel that he is interested in me. If I am wrong then oh well. I just want some advice. Should I just lay back and see what he does? I don't want to push anything but then again I want him to know I am interested. I sit at a desk all day and there are about 15 people in my department and it would be too awkard for him to walk up to me with everyone around especially my boss. This is just driving me crazy. I am so hot for him but I really like him and want to get to know him.

Any advice?

There are I think 2 couples that met at my work who are now married and there are 5 couples that are dating. They all seem mature and their relationships are working out. I think as long as the couples are in separate departments the company does not care.

For the longest time my crush would walk back and forth by my department 10 times a day and look at my from the corner of his eye. The rare times I would see him passing by in the hall and tried to talk to him he had this deer in headlights look and I was not able to talk to him. I tried forgetting about him so I stopped looking to see if he was walking by my department. I am the only person you see straight on when you walk by. I am at the end of the room and there is no reason for him to be down at my department.

About a month ago I walking back my desk and I saw that my crush was in his office and there was no one else around (he is the manager of his department and there is always someone around) and I went right up to him and we talked for a few minutes. I was walking away with my heart beating fast and I looked back and he had a huge smile on his face. Ever since then he has been walking by my department again (of course I am looking more now) and looking at me. My question is at this point should I leave it up to him to make a move if he is going to.

Thank you for all your responses!

I have an update! I walked up to my crush's office today and looked in and said hi how are you. He looked up and his face turned beet red and said good how are you. I walked away because I got scared but this other guy my crush knows was walking the other way and saw the whole thing. I turned the corner where they could not see me but I could hear them talking. The guy said to my crush "is that her" and he said "oh God yes" and the guy said "do something already" and my crush said "I would not know what to say to a beautiful woman like that" then the guy said "you better do something fast, someone like that would get snatched up in a hurry but dude, she likes you". I walked away after that because I thought I was going to pass out. There was no one else around but them two when they were talking otherwise I don't think they would have that conversation. But needless to say I am in SHOCK! God I could not concentrate when I got back to my desk. All I could think was "TAKE ME!!!

My question is should I leave it up to him now to come to me? God I have had a crush on this man for over a year. I think I have to be a little patient on this. But not for too long!

WW,

Cold shower first, then come back to read this! LOL!

You need an "enabler." Something you know would interest him into a convo...something you both have in common, to bring you together.

I know what field you work in...google something that he probably wouldn't know about, in this field. Print it out, bring to work.

When said crush appears next next, call him over and say " Wow, look what I stumbled accross yesterday, how cool is this?" There's your opportunity to open the convo!

Take it from there...lunch? coffee? roll in the h....errr, sorry! LOL!

I hope this works!

KG

Thanks for the suggestion KG! I will do some research tonight. I am still shaking. I think he is really shy so I think I have to be careful on not coming on too strong. I am kind of scared of getting together with him. I really do like him and I am really attracted to him big time! I am just afraid of scaring him off if we do have sex when the time is right because it will be so intense for me because it has been SO long and I have liked him for so long. I really do want to take it slow but I am afraid my body will take over.

^^^^^^^^yeah, calm down. i know it's been a while and your body wants some, but you need to tone it down. especially with someone at work. i agree with the aggressive part. is there a coffee shop near your work? be like, 'hey i'm going down to get a mochalattecappafrappachocolattefrappaccino (LOL) and was wondering if you wanted to go.'

Yes I know I need to remain calm and I think I can do it. I am going to put it mostly in his court for now and I will be my friendly self when I see him and hopefully he will ask for my phone number and/or give me his and/or suggest we go out somewhere. The problem is he work 8-5 and I work 2-9 most days. He is shy and I don't want to scare him off. I have to make him feel at ease. One day at a time, and keep my hormones in check!

Yes I know I need to remain calm and I think I can do it. I am going to put it mostly in his court for now and I will be my friendly self when I see him and hopefully he will ask for my phone number and/or give me his and/or suggest we go out somewhere. The problem is he work 8-5 and I work 2-9 most days. He is shy and I don't want to scare him off. I have to make him feel at ease. One day at a time, and keep my hormones in check!

while i don't condone the office romance, you cannot just be friendly. toss some signals out there; especially if he's shy.

ghost is just cautious about scenarios at work because i think he had a bad experiance and so have, i yet im doing it again with another cutie at work. Just gotta learn from your mistakes and keep the drama out of the work place.

In this case i think you may have to be the one to step up. You have been crushin over this guy for a year and he probably has too. I honestly dont get men like this but i guess spineless dudes are out there. J/K! nah, but you may wanna just walk up to him and throw him an invite like ghost suggested. If you give him your number he may be to shy to call but if you give him the invite to meet at a certain spot, it will put more pressure on him to have to go. If he doesnt of course it will turn you off that he is a flake. unless you like these shy types, your gonna have to man up. i mean, woman up! ha

no no drew. i have never had a bad experience. i have had an office something, but the girl was leaving. but those last few days were iffy. i will never do it again. i've only heard horror stories for the most part.

anyways, OP, what you should do it be flirty. you said you were going to continue to be friendly. if you are okay with the office thing of course.

Well to make a long story short I went up to my crush today and made a total fool of myself. If he really did like me before he does not now. I am too humiliated and upset to talk about it at this point but now I have to ignore him out of sheer embarrasement. Thank you all for your advice. I am going to crawl into a hole now.

Well to make a long story short I went up to my crush today and made a total fool of myself. If he really did like me before he does not now. I am too humiliated and upset to talk about it at this point but now I have to ignore him out of sheer embarrasement. Thank you all for your advice. I am going to crawl into a hole now.
I don't know what you did but it sounds like this guy was crushing on you for a long time so it would take an awful lot to kill that interest.Have you thought of talking to his friend that you overheard him talking with ,about you? A go between is often necessary for someone who is as shy as he sounds.
I don't know who the other guy is at all. It does not matter. I ruined everything.

Aww, don't say that! I read your whole story and got really excited for you when you mentioned the part where you overheard your crush talking to that guy, honestly, can there be a better sign than that!!? I wish that would happen to me! You're probably exaggerating in your reaction about what you did, I'm sure it wasn't bad enough to make him stop liking you, if he already had a crush on you he'll probably find it amusing or cute. Could I ask what you did?

I will just say I was shaking when I was talking to him and saying stupid things. It's over and I have to stop thinking about him. He truly was looking at me like I am an alien.

Oh come on, that wasn't that bad! Who hasn't shaken and stuttered and said stupid things in front of their crush? Was he looking at you shocked or what? What was his reaction like? If he stops liking you after that, he never liked you to begin with and isn't worth wasting your thoughts over.

Archived