I can't believe I'm asking this here...Ladies?

Ladies...I have a gyno appointment tomorrow because I feel that I have some kind of infection going on (I've had BV and yeast infections for a while now) but I'm still not all the way done with my period. I'm still spotting a little. I was wondering if a little blood might throw off the tests. I really need to get in as soon as possible so I can get this infection taken care of before my colposcopy on the 18th. So, will I get an accurate reading tomorrow if I'm still spotting a little or should I just bite the bullet and reschedule?

no, jsut tell them that you are at the end of your cycle, it shouldnt make a difference... they are used to that kind of thing

Horribly embarrasing tho, isnt it?

GOOD LUCK!

(only vaugly on topic story: I got really sick with an ear infection and my folks were away so my -extremely shy- brother took me to the hospital... I had a urine test and the doctors came running in saying there was blood in my urine... I had to explain that I wa having my period at the time, while my poor brothers face got redder and redder!)

Although it's embarrassing for you they will understand how you feel when you tell them.

You're definitely not the first person they've had to deal with who's got a minor problem and I can guarantee you won't be the last.

Well, I'm not worried about what they'll think. I won't be embarrassed at all. My concern is whether or not the blood will keep the tests/swabs from reading accurately. I'm going in to be checked for yeast and/or bacterial infection and I'm afraid the blood will throw off the reading.

You could phone up and explain the situation and ask them for advice before you go. I've done that before and they've still asked me to attend.

I know what you're going through because I get yeast infections on a regular basis too.

Let me know how the tests go.

Archived