I just got fired and I may not have enough money to go to field school in Italy this

I just got fired from my job as a waiter because she said I sucked or something along those lines. I have a week before the fee is due, which is $1,700, and thats not including the plane tickets, my digging equipment, and extra spending money. I already made a $300 deposit, and $1,700 is only for 3 weeks. The project lasts for 5 weeks. I still need to scrounge up money for all the bills next month, and thats $650. I may not have enough money to go to field school in Italy this summer.

What are the best options for me?

The way I see it:

1) Not go to Italy.

I could take the $1700 I have saved up and use that for 2 months of bills. I could find a job at the same time or focus on school for those 2 months, instead of work. Those are the possibilities. Theres more:

I may have to change my career goal in anthropology, instead of doing archaeology because I really need to go to field school to get a job right after college. I like art, history and I'm interested in the evolution of humans. Maybe physical anthropology would be good for me. I could study genetics of our early ancestors.

Or I could become a rock star or be an artist, but most likely a rock star because my university doesn't offer any art degree or music degree. When I got fired tonight, the manager said I should do something with art, and that I'm not good at servicing people. The school, I'm attending now, is an agricultural and mechanical school, a red neck school. Why did I go here? I don't like it, but it was the only good choice I had at the time because my parents were against me going so far from home. Things are different now, I have a good amount of money saved up.

2) Get a job. As I said above, I probably suck at servicing people, so I should work in art. What kind of jobs are out there that deal with art? My computer skills aren't up to date. I'm not savy with a lot of the art programs. My web building skills only go as far as Myspace building. I was thinking of becoming a rock star, doing gigs, but I suck at playing the guitar right now. I think I could be an awesome vocalist though.

3) Drop out of this univeristy and move back in with my parents.

If it comes to this, I won't be able to live. Since I'm under their roof, I would have to follow their rules. Most of, which I don't mind, except going to their church. They're Jehovah's Witnesses. I haven't gone to their church in 2 years now. I can't go back.

I will probably join the Marines. There's something inside me that wants action.

You're going to have to learn to service people, lol, I've had to do it more many years and it sux complete and utter balls. The worst part is, people outside of that industry have no respect for your work, they don't even think you work. Its fantasticaly terrible when I started in warehousing and I told the other workers what I'd done before, they're like "so this is your first job".

Hhaha

get used to it if you want to be a student because that is life my friend.

WOW is know as "Wold of war-Crack" becouse its so adivtive, but what dos a +20 sword 200,000 GP and magic boots get you in the real world, SWEET NOTHING thats what, WOW works becouse we feel like we are working doing fun stuff and have no worrys. Its the school play ground and its safe.

But all you do run about and kill things with your online mates, you chat and play. But real life is much more fun, after a time Online RPGs are just the same things over and over.

Logon, met up run around smack things KIll or be killed

run around some more, kill some more run some more kill.

ARR XP upgrate, new zap spell, good I can now

Run around and kill some more

Over and over and over and over.

Level and level, hour after hour day after day.

All the time you life is slipping away.

Then one day you wake up and think, why Im I so old,

paile and sad.

You have been played by a game thats why, you jump throw the games hoops.

But if you can not get a fix, try the free Online RPG I will PM you a link.

If you have a good credit rating, you can apply for a credit card (suppose you thought of that option, but I did not see it mentioned there) and focus on a job after your trip since you would obviously be stressed out and that would hamper your performance.

Other then this - I identify with you with the service job - I'm a serious guy and would likely suck at such an industry, I enjoy telling people off that give me crap and am not afraid to speak my mind - qualities which would likely get me fired on the first day of such a job.

Archived