progress after a few dates...need advice

Hi everyone,

I met a gal online and after a few emails, I asked her out for a coffee. On our coffee date, we had a great time and we both had alot in common. I said I would call her when we were saying our goodbyes.

True to my word, I called her a few days later and made plans to go out last weekend. We had a nice dinner with great conversation, then went to a movie. When I dropped her off, she said that we should keep in touch and she gave me a hug and left. I felt pretty good about the date and left it at that.

It was 4 days since I'd last heard from her, so I called her last night. She sounded surprised when I called her and she said that she had quite a busy week. She went on to say how the next week was going to be even busier for her. I understand that life gets busy sometimes and we have little time for other things, but is this a sign that she might not be interested? Our conversation on the phone was very brief and seemed forced (another sign she may be not interested). Am I looking too much into this?

It maybe too soon to tell and I should give her the benefit of the doubt. She said she would call me next week and I'll leave it in her hands and see where things go. I guess if she doesn't call, then I have my answer. Still I would rather be told in person and know right away if our relationship was going anywhere

DP

It sounds to me like she is not interested. The whole "lets keep in touch" thing is weird becuase if she liked you and planned to keep dating you then I would think she would have said something more like...I will talk to you later, see you later, can't wait until our next date...not "keep in touch"

It's a 50 50 thing. If she doesn't make an effort to call you the next week after taking responsibility to call then no she is not into you. Everyone can have a busy week but I don't see if right that out of 7 days, 24 hours in a day there isn't a single moment you can't call.

whenever i don't feel something from someone, i usually use the same sayings. oh, i've been busy. oh, i'm going to bed. etc. i usually do it when i don't want to be bothered at that particular moment, or i'm not interested. maybe she is busy though. she said next week. what about the weekend though, you know?

If I were you I would chalk it up to her not being very interested. Seems like perhaps she was making excuses with the being so busy thing.

I wouldn't try to get in touch with her at all So yep, just leave the ball in her court and go ahead with your life finding someone new to date.

Thanks everyone for the advice. Darkpumpkin, I agree with you when you said that someone isn't that busy 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We all are busy but balance is important, and I know that I would make time for a simple call to see how a girl is doing.

On a brighter side, I do have a coffee date tonight with another gal. Wish me luck

DP