Is the TOASTMASTERS CLUB a Scientology thing?(for lack of a better word)

Hey there, someone on this board recommended I join a Toastmasters Club to help me with overcoming the fear of public speech. So I called and am gonna go tomorrow to check things out.

But I heard from a friend it's run by scientologists, and it's just a conversion tactic. Now, I don't have anything against anyone but I just want to know if this is true. The guy did tell me they are holding the meeting at a Scientology center...hmmm.

Are there any other groups or associations that are purely for helping overcome fear of public speaking, etc? Thank you

I haven't participated in ToastMasters, but I had a friend who's first language wasn't English and she had moved to this country for school. She joined the club to help with her English speaking skills (and I think it really helped!) I have heard only good things about the organization! I think you should attend a meeting and see for yourself, but I have a feeling you have found the right place to help.

I've joined, but it's difficult to follow through because you will fear and that will take you aback. Don't rush into registering, see if you'll follow through first. Also, the place should be a convinent place for you also, otherwise, join another one that's more convinent