I need advice on quitting smoking

I read Allan Carr's easyway to stop smoking, i read it twice and then I moved in with my non-smoking boyfriend, into a non-smoking house! there are a lot of factors involved, but the fact is, i dont crave, i dont want one, i dont really ever think about a cigarete.

Its been 7 months since i had one. if i get really upset and stressed and something happens, there is a slght urge to buy some fags, but it isnt because i crave it, its because its what i have always done.

The nicotine leaves your body within 24 hours of your last cigarette, after a week you cant physically claim to still be addicted. its a psychological crutch, addiction. you need to let go.

It feels like losing your best friend and when you go to the pub and have a drink and the person you are with leaves the table for a while, i remember sitting there thinking "mnn i feel really exposed, normally i would light a cigarette and concentrate on that...." now i just tear a beer mat.

Its hard, but soon you forget.

You have to decide you don't want to smoke.

It is like this. Say you absolutely cannot drink strawberry soda. It is a drink you cannot and will not drink for whatever reason, but you definitely know it is not for you. There isn't any reason to change your mind because you can drink grape soda instead.

Quitting smoking is about making different choices, letting your body go through the withdrawls and establishing new patterns. Plus once you decide for definite sure that smoking is not for you then it won't be.

COLD TURKEY

You can do it. Your mind is powerful and so are you!

The way it worked for me was that I would get the idea of a cigarette and then that would be all I would think about until I finally broke down, went out and bought some.

When you get the idea in your head that you want a cigarette, you need to tell yourself that's not an option, then let it go. Find a way to distract yourself.

I know it's hard. If I hadn't gotten pregnant, I would probably never have quit. I tried so many times.

best of luck and let us know how it goes