Question...A bit confused....

Hello everyone.

I was dumped 9 weeks ago. I had a really rough few days last week, I was very emotional and had trouble concentrating on things…it was a little like the beginning of the break up, the feeling wasnt as strong though.

The last few days, however, I have really been at ease with myself. I still think about her, but I am not beating myself up as much over what I could have done different and what could have been.

I do not know what I am doing differently, but I am feeling better.

Is this a sign that I am getting better?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but this is the first time i really am going through a break up.

Thank you for replies.

Yeah thats the way it is with healing from a break up. I have found that every once in a while for no apparent reason I have a little bit of a set back such as you described. Then once I get over the setback in a few days or however long it takes, I find that I am really feeling great. It is really like two or three steps forward and then one step back.

The good news is that as time goes by the setbacks are less and less severe and shorter in duration while the days when you feel like a million bucks become the norm. It is a slow transition though so have some patience.

Congratulations you are definitely healing!!!

I'm in the same place my friend. Remember this is a roller coaster ride with lots of hills and valleys. Just know that it will get better and that you are still moving forward. The pain will diminish each time.

I was doing great last week. I was accepting the fact that it was over and happy to have her out of my life. I could see that we were not right for each other at the time, but don't feel the same right now. I feel a great sense of anger and resentment towards my ex for what she has done to me. I know I will carry this pain with me the rest of my life, and it kills me that the person I loved most did this to me.

This is my first break up as well. How long was your relationship?

My ex made our breakup as painful as possible on me. By then end of it she cared nothing for me, and we had been together for 4 years, and both planned on getting married.

Hang tough. If you need to smile pop in some New Kids on the Block. It always makes me smile.

it is good to hear and thanks for the reply.

i am finding it easier to get back to the things i was doing pre breakup, like gym, job being with friends and all that other stuff.

everyone here is right...you feel better in time. i am far from 100%, but definitely better from 9 weeks ago.

i only hope that it keeps improving.

well to truly heal you need to stop being a jets fan i kid, i kid.

seriously though..the "rollercoaster" will continue for a while, but you'll notice that the highs are high and the lows aren't so low. And when you do hit a low spot, it won't last as long. Eventually, you'll get off this ride.