How do you know your over your ex?

I think I'm pretty much over my ex, every once in awhile I still miss her, but from what I hear thats normal and thats going to happen reguardless. So I'm curious when do you know your ready for the next step, I'm really thinking about starting to date again, but theres some doubt inside on whether or not I'm ready for it. Just seems real strange and unfamiliar I mean I havnt even really had to date in the last 4 years really. How do you know when your over it and your ready to start dating. I just feel a little uneasy about it.

just let me start saying, 4 years and you arent quite sure you're not over you ex. man its a LONG time, let me tell you. you and you ex must have some relationship for you to feel this way right now. anyways are you guys still friends? with 4 years down already, i think its time for some changes and move on, cause what you guys have is basically all gone. and i bet your ex probably dont have much feelings for you. but i really dont know the whole story. Maybe you should try dating someone else to get over her OR forget her.

Let me tell you a quick story. me and my ex broke up and i taught that i could never recover. and i miss him almost everyday!!! but when i start dating again, i find out that this person im with is way worth my time than the old guy. then with time, i realize that im not thinking about my ex anymore. you just need someone to squeeze your ex out of you mind. well good luck. lets see what the expect in here have to say.

I'm sorry I think you misunderstood me, yes we did have a really good relationship for the most part when we had a relationship which took the better part of over 3 years and I have been single for about 5 months now so really I havnt been dating for 4 years. Being in a committed relationship and dating are 2 completely different things in my eyes because the comfort level you have in a relationship isnt always going to be there whne you date. Sorry for the confusion but yes we did have some really really good times, no were not friends now and I dont think we will be. She decided to start dating someone else 2 days after she dumped me and has decide to do pretty much anything to piss me off over the last 5 months so I finally stopped trying to be her friend about 2 months ago havnt really talked to her since. If she ever has hopes of recovering any kind of friendship from me she's going to have to start with the words "I'm sorry".