My friends is being stupid

I have a friend who now lives in Texas so we keep in touch with MSN. Well 4 months go he met this girl on the internet. I never really liked her because she was sort of a B****. Whenever I talked to her, she always tell me that she missed her old BF and that she thought my friend was weird, which he kindda is. I'd always tell my friend not to take this thing too seriously but he say " Its true love!!!! (He's never had a GF before so he has a clingy nature.) Well one day, he comes on all depresed so I ask him whats wrong and he says that she wanted him to leave him alone. She then tells me that she really wants to talk to her old BF and that my friend is weird, that's where I got the idea where she wasn't taking my friend serious anymore. Well now shes decided to talk to him again and my friend is acting as foolish as ever. How can I convince him that she feels nothing for him and to search for a REAL woman? (I tried talking to him 1 on 1 by the way and he wont listion to me)

You have tried talking to him, and really thats all you can do, he is not experienced in these matters, and well, looks like he is going to have to learn the hard way.

If he comes to you, keep on trying to get it through to him, but not to the point where it might ruin your friendship with you.

like they say, love is blind, he cant see that this girl is wrong for him, in his mind he sees only the potential of what he thinks she could be, and doesnt see the reality.

So, you may have to just let him get burned, eventually he will learn. I would have to admit, that when I was young and not experienced in these things I would probably have done the same thing. I know now to be a little bit more selective.