My friend told me that he is probably going to graduate soon. I didn't want it to happen since he is my only friend at my school. We take a class at another school together, Japanese, and so for all of last semester we would ride the bus together, wait for class, go to class, wait for the bus again, and ride back to our other school. One of the reasons I decided I would go to Japanese was because I wouldn't go alone. I hate going there alone, and if he graduates early, I have to spend the next four months riding the bus alone and being in class alone. This saddens me so much because he has been my only friend that I talked to for the past months while at school. In class we used to partner up and do the dialogues together, and we would converse about homework or tests pertaining to the day. We would talk about just classes in general and how things were going on.

I'm not gay, so this is not some hidden love thing. I'm just going to miss the friendship. Sure, we sometimes talk online, but if I have to go every day heading to the class alone, sitting in the class alone, not having my usual partner for assignments, and I will just have no one to talk to while I'm at school. School bores me so much, and sometimes I just like to tell someone about it while I'm at school. A lot of the times I have questions about life and stuff, and I want to hear someone's opinion. Now I might just have to be alone every day until I can graduate. I wish I could graduate early, but I can't.

All of my classes are pretty dumb. I don't know anyone in my classes, and just by listening, I'm not really interested in talking to anyone else. We both want to learn Japanese and become fluent, and he is going to do it on his own, but now I have to go to class every day. I'm going to miss the chats we have had, the inside jokes about Japanese, my partner, and I'm just going to be longing for another friend, which I will never get.

How can I deal with this loneliness? He's been my only friend in school for this year, since my good friend from last year graduated. Waiting for the bus and sitting on the bus is lonely enough, but sitting in Japanese without my buddy there is just going to be a strain on me. Man, I hate this. I like to talk a lot, but I don't talk to anyone besides him, so now I'm going to have a bunch of questions and no one to talk to, and now I'm going to dread going to school since I feel like it's a huge waste of my time, and it is. I'm unchallenged, and I wish I could graduate, but the stupid state requirement is I have to take .5 more credits of History and English, so I am stuck with those classes.

Sometimes I can call my girlfriend, but I know she would hate it if I call her all the time. I talked to her on the phone today, and I really loved it. I wish I could do it every day, but I know I can't. I don't want to smother her. I just want someone I chat with. It really sucks I don't like anyone in any of my classes, and all I do is go to class.

I'm going to hate these four months if he graduates early. Any advice?

Sadly, I don't really need to study for classes. You see, he was the only person other than me that goes to another school. Let me take you through the typical day. I go to my first and second hour at one school, then I go outside after second hour to catch the bus. After about 45 minutes on the bus, I arrive at another school on the other side of the city. I have no third or fourth hour at my original school, and Japanese is fourth hour for the school with Japanese. When Japanese is finished, I run outside again and fetch the bus to go back to the other side of town. I get back to my original school near the start of fifth hour. I do not eat lunch or anything. I get to fifth hour, then I go the rest of the day normally.

Instead of doing that with my friend, now I have to ride the bus alone. I spend more time on the bus and waiting for the bus rather than the actual class. It gets pretty lonely, especially since I know no one at the other school, and there are random people on the bus. We usually would wait around for Japanese to start since we would arrive there early, and I would enjoy chatting with him about the homework or school or anything at all. Now I sit on my butt just thinking to myself. We would always sit together in class, and I would usually turn around to consult him or partner up for something. Now I just sit in class in my little corner feeling like an outcast.

Everyone in my Japanese class is friendly, but there isn't really anyone I want to be friends with in that class. Most of them are underclassmen (I'm a senior, and the class is Japanese 1) and most of them are barely passing the class. In all my classes at my original school there is just no one to talk to. My friend and I had a lot in common and we thought alike. It was a lot of fun chatting with him. I hate waiting alone for the bus and riding the bus alone. I just think about the fun times we would have, and now I have to do everything alone. I have to worry about the schedule conflicts and being late, by myself. We were the dynamic duo. *Sigh* It was much nicer being with another person who was sharing my experience by going to another school when it cames to things like that.

I guess the sad thing is you're going to have to face that it is a part of life. These things are going to happen in jobs, and in life in general, and there isn't really a lot you can do about it.

I don't mean to sound nasty or anything, because I can definetly understand where you're coming from. I don't really have any friends at all at the moment, only "acquaintances" which really isn't the same. So I'm pretty much living my entire life on my own... So I do have some idea how you feel.

I guess my best advice for you is to just try and stick it out and think positive. It's only four months of your life, and who knows, maybe you'll become closer with some of the other people in your class. Once you're both graduated you can both move on and then hopefully meet new people, and make new friends.

Just make sure you still keep in contact with your friend Best of luck!