an appropriate text on v'day

munchies

Hi there,

been seeing this girl on a friendship basis for about a month now. it is quite possible that it may develop into more, as yet it has not.

We won't see each other on V'Day and she sounded a bit cynical about the whole meal and gift carry on when we were watching TV last week.

But I would like to send a nice text to her on the day, is this a good idea do you think?

Also kind of struggling for ideas of an appropriate message because don't want it to sound too much. But want it to kind of be sweet and show her that I like her. if it is of relevance we are both mid 20s

Any ideas?

Ok I was thinking of a text something like this:

My cheeks are red, my eyes are blue

It has to be said, I have a liking for you.

That we are different it is clear

But don't let that hold any fear

I know you may need time

But I wish you a happy valentine

Alternative last 2 lines:

Whether it be rain, snow, wind or shine

Please consider being my valentine

Is this wildly inapproriate?

Might be inportant to add we 'met' off an internet dating site. I think she may like me but is a bit scared to say what she really wants as she has been burned in the past. And just to make things clear we have spent quite a bit of time together but nothing has happened. We have both said we like each other. But she is kind of holding back. So I thought a nice text on V'day would be appropriate

It's not innappropriate if it's sincere...and if she does have authentic feelings for you she will be pleased to get it..although it's kind of a long text..and if you want a girls point of few..well, honestly I have to say I'm not crazy about a few lines that sound "tentative, and not so confident".. for instance: "but don't let that hold any fear, I know you may need time but I wish you a happy valentine".

If you are really "aware" that she may need some time, then just send a one line text that says "happy valentine's day".. or something humorous short and sweet... just keep it "Lite and polite" right now if you really know she might be a bit cautious with her feelings at the moment.. respect that.. and keep it simple. but this is just my "opinion".. YOU do what feels right for you.. and I'm sure you'll do just fine...

• Like 1

Again, you do whatever you think is best, but may I ask why you want to point out something like "that we are different is clear to view"? Is this a sweet reference to a conversation you two had, if so, that's nice.. and I would lose the word "but" before saying happy valentines day to you..and I'd say "my face is red", (more masculine the "cheeks") ya know like you are "embarrased/funny taking a risk, and not "blushing like a girl" . so maybe:

My face is red, my eyes are blue

But it has to be said, I have a liking for you.

That we are different is clear to view.

A Happy Valentines Day from me to you.

OR

My face is red, my eyes are blue

sure we are different, it's all still new

but my declaring "you're so sweet" is long overdue

and I wish a happy Valentine's day to you.

Or you can leave out "rhyming" all together and just keep it simple and let the gesture be it's own value, and just write, "happy valentine's Day" to her...although what you wrote is perfect as it is. I'm just giving you my opinion, that sometimes less is more..