Just starting seeing someone...need help

I just started dating this girl. We both love snowboarding and very passionate about the sport and that's how we met. We been out snowboarding few times and I have taken her out on a couple of dinner dates.

I kissed her on her lips couple of times but not quite "making out". She didn't seem to mind it and actually like it quite a bit. Everytime I try to kiss her for real, she seems to shy and just holds me tight and burys her face in my neck.

Her boyfriend broke up with her couple of months back after a five year relationship and she seems still hurt about it, although she won't talk about it.

I really like this girl and don't want to lose her by being hasty. At the same time, I don't want to enter the "friend zone" with her.

With Valentine's day coming up, I want to do something for her to let her know that I am attracted to her and not just her snowboarding buddy.

please help

The only thing I could say is just be yourself and treat her the way you've been and let time decide. If she got out of such long term relationship she can't just rebound back quickly.

I think other female members can answer this one better but it sounds she does like you a lot but is probably afraid to get into anything serious just yet. But if that's true I wouldn't see it as a negative thing but it's going to take some time.

Well I am sure by just kissing her on the lips she knows you want to be more than friends. I doubt there is confusion in the signals you are giving her.

If she's shy she might have a hard time telling you what shes feeling or thinking, she just might need more time. Ultimately if her behavior continues you are going to have to confront her and ask her what's up.

How long have you been dating, how long ago did you start kissing or trying to be intimate? Does she talk about her ex, or talk about dating at all?

• Like 1

Take things slow, but watch for signs that she just isnt ready for a new relationship. A couple of months out of a 5 year relationship would throw up flags to me.

She does seem interested in you though, so just have a nice Valentine's Day, don't go all out and take things slow.

Orlander

I think you may be right about that. We have been out together a total of six times in four weeks. I kissed her for the first time when we went snowboarding for the first time together in the second week and that was our third time out together.

The last time we went out, we got dinner and we came back to her place. I tried to make out with her and after a really brief period of kissing, she withdrew and said "it's been a while and she is not very good at this". I held her in my arms and she seemed comfortable. Shortly after,I left and we have had e-mail contact after that.

Though, we plan to go snowboarding next week.

Well I am sure by just kissing her on the lips she knows you want to be more than friends. I doubt there is confusion in the signals you are giving her.

If she's shy she might have a hard time telling you what shes feeling or thinking, she just might need more time. Ultimately if her behavior continues you are going to have to confront her and ask her what's up.

How long have you been dating, how long ago did you start kissing or trying to be intimate? Does she talk about her ex, or talk about dating at all?