Not intrested, or really busy....

psipro

So, finally got to ask a girl out who I've been eyeing for a bit...

Walked her back to her dorm from a meeting, talked the way then before she went her way I asked her to dinner. I'lll admit it, I was stupid and did the general date question not a specific day question.

Anyhoo, she said somthing I wish I could remember. If memory serves it was somthing like that would be nice but.... but memory dosn't seem to serve well in these situations.

After I asked her she told me about her schedule, essentially she has prior commitments most nights, said she dose some church stuff in a town over. Honestly makes me more attracted to her. After that we talked for 5 or 10 min about various things, so at least it didn't make her uncomfortable...

So... I do not know what my next step is.

I'd like some advice as to what to do/say, or if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Peace

Most women I know if asked out would make sure that the guy knew they were interested even if they were very busy. They would say something like "look, I am booked all this week but how about next week?" Or - I'll call you tonight when I have a better idea of my schedule but I would love to get together soon!"

If she was interested... even if she was busy for the night you suggested( or the night you didn't suggest!) then I think she would have said something like "Sorry Thursday's no good... but what about lunch on Saturday?" or something similar... they might be busy.. but should offer a time when they are not