Well this past year has been a trial, that is for sure.

I am 23 years old, and lost. Where is my place suppose to be in this life?

I could get into school, or I could just stay in my current job for the rest of my life? I have no clue I am lost.

I am stressed, and it doesnt seem as if it will end...

I need a vacation away from my family, I need a vacation from reality.

Basically the last year I have gone through a sister with drug problems, depression problems, me fitting the bill on her insurance, and cell phone. (I could cut her off, but its more complicated than that, her stuff is connected to mine).

My step father starting fights, telling me I am a bad person because I decalred bankruptcy. I also had to deal with a bad breakup.

The icing on the cake has been my mother losing her job...Oh and my brother who left 3 years ago came back in July of 06.

I already work 3 jobs, my full time job I make $300 week at, my weekend job maybe an extra $80.00, and the third job is maybe a once amonth thing.

I feel like complete crap, becausde I can not stop the stress for my family.

I could work 5 jobs, and it would still be there.

I want to be selfish, and say "I am not getting another job"

I need to get into school, but have no clue of what I want to do. People close to me are driving me completely nuts, and I am about to scream at them.

My boyfriend I love him, but lately its seems he gets more on my nerves, than usual. I dont want to break up with him, but I wish he could be more understanding.

BLAH...

that is my life right now in a nutshell...

HELP! advice....

This is a rant...above anything else...and ac ry for help!

Wow, this is a toughie. You said that you are dealing with family stress, but has worked contributed to this at all? First, college. Have you maybe though of taking a few classes, during the summer or whenever you will have time? If you want to balance classes plus work (even on weekends), it's important that you pick class times that will work for you. General Ed. are a good start. Do you live with your parents, I assume? Or do you have apartment? It can be also important to relieve stress. AT LEAST 1 day a week, take a few hour out of your day to listen to music, nap, something to keep your mind out of your everyday problems. I hope this at least is a good start.

Hey there Lovecrazy,

First off, a great big hug to you ...

It sounds like you've been through a lot this year and that you have way too much on your plate right now.

So what do you do to decompress? I am probably saying something you already know but it is extremely unhealthy -- emotionally, mentally, and physically -- to be under so much stress for such an extensive period.

So getting away, even for a day, or maybe even a couple hours, how viable is this for you right now?

I understand that your family is under financial stress right now and while I do think it is extremely admirable that you are giving your all to help out, YOU MUST LOOK OUT FOR YOURSELF TOO! In the longer scheme of things, your overall health, sense of stability, and happiness will be the greatest assets to your family's overall well-being.

Please do give a serious consideration to take a day off from work to clear your head and give yourself some time and space to BREATHE!

Also, please don't try to tackle everything at once but break it down to smaller, manageable parts.

And please do keep on ranting and venting here; it does help release some tension ...

Hang in there, Lovecrazy!

Sending best wishes your way,

Ellie 1:

Hey again,

I agree with Alabama's advice: please DO consider taking some time every day for yourself -- exercise, listen to music, just hang out with friends, etc etc.

Please do NOT think of this "Me-time" as something selfish because it is categorically NOT selfish of you to take care of yourself too in addition to your family.

Wow, this is a toughie. You said that you are dealing with family stress, but has worked contributed to this at all? First, college. Have you maybe though of taking a few classes, during the summer or whenever you will have time? If you want to balance classes plus work (even on weekends), it's important that you pick class times that will work for you. General Ed. are a good start. Do you live with your parents, I assume? Or do you have apartment? It can be also important to relieve stress. AT LEAST 1 day a week, take a few hour out of your day to listen to music, nap, something to keep your mind out of your everyday problems. I hope this at least is a good start.

I live with my boyfriend, during the week, because work is so much closer to his house than to my mothers....

As for college, I need to take the Sats and keep forgetting to check into those. I also have looked at schools, and I need to apply for financial aid so I can start.

I do on the weekends take time to relax, and it usually works for the weekend, but then during the week HERE WE GO AGAIN..

I will definitly try to do it more during the week than, just on the weekends I think I may take in a movie tonight...by myself...Thanks

Have you considered taking a career assessment test at a local college? I know around here the two year colleges offer them for a nominal fee. They do a personality test and a personal interest inventory. Putting the two together you're given a good idea of what you should pursue. If you know you passion but haven't been pursuing it for whatever reason, now is the time.