Hello everyone, it has been almost 5 months since I have broken up with my ex. The first few months I would break down every few days and I would be constantly depressed. I stopped taking care of myself and things got bad. Then Christmas holidays hit and my brother came to visit and I had a lot of fun and she wasn't on my mind too much at all. Then about a week before christmas I would break down every night thinking about how much she hurt me. Then christmas hit. I got so many gifts from my family. The most out of everyone and I still felt sad and went to my room and broke down. I missed having a significant other to make happy at that time of year. I then told myself that my new years resolution should be to delete every email and picture of my ex and I did it. I was happy. Then 2 weeks after that I found myself looking at her myspace page with a different account at times. I chuckled a few times cuz I realize that she will always be constantly messaging people to get them to comment on her for attention. but I just kinda want her out of my life. The problem is that I have trouble interacting with new people. I tend to prefer having alone time and having time to myself. I just want her out of my life forever because she showed no class or respect for me and if she does email me in the future my first instinct was to not reply but what do you guys think? also what do you guys think about trying to forget about her for good? I hope u guys can help me out..

If you really want the relationship to be over and want to move on then you need to get rid of everything that reminds you of her, force yourself to be active by participating in group events and/or hanging out with friends and family and you have to try to put the past in the past and move on.

It takes time but you have plenty of that right now. Healing takes effort and it doesnt just happen without taking the right steps.

Orlander

Well, first things first, you have to give yourself time to heal, and pick up the broken pieces of your heart and glue them back together. Then you have to replace your ex gf with a new gf. Its over with the old ,in with the new. Stand up for your future , and go for gold in your life. First take care of yourself before you go back into the whole dating scene. Stop treating yourself so horribly. Focus on progress, and being the best possible man you can be.

I agree with Orlander, if you are trying to forget her completely then rid yourself of everything that reminds you of her. And yes it is normal what you are experiencing. I had the same case of the "blahs" when my ex left. I had girls asking me out and friends asking me out but I just would not budge. I was wallowing but after a two weeks of NC (I'm not advocating NC, just saying it worked for me in my case) I slowly stumbled out my funk and started going out again. Even then it was difficult, but by the month and a half mark I was doing okay and heading towards a better road. It all depends on what you want out of this experience.