Yeah so i was all on the good a proper road to happiness when i saw my exs brother, he was walking to get a lift, so as i was going the same way i went with him. Had a chat, then i saw his mum who i was very close with and got on well with. So i started chatting to my exs mum and she said how much she missed me and wants me to come round and see them all.

As much as i want to i cant because i fear i will fall for my ex again (first love, she dumped me). We just talked about life in general cos we havnt seen each other in ages, and well i left after a 5 mins convo.

That was around 4ish today. And since then i have been in the most darkest most horrible ditch, being down and upset. Over how much i miss how good they were to me and the memories they gave to me. Thing is i dont actually want to get back with my ex and i am in a happy enough relationship with some body else. Everything was coming my way lately, but now it feels like i have taken a step back and feel upset and down as ever.

I just want to try and make new memories, and when i have there is always this little thing naggin' away at the back of my brain reminding me of the memories i had with my ex. GRR

Sorry if its a bit long but i wrote this mainly to get it all out my system and for some advice. Thanks x

Oh geeze I totally know this feeling.

I wish I had the magical words to comfort you, but I don't know them..

There are 2 things I do to get myself out of that spot.

1. Thank God for those good happy memories. And remind myself that every relationship & person played a part in creating the man you are today. Had it not been for that relationship & those intreactions with the family, you would not be in the place you are in now & in the happy healthy relationship you're in.

2. other times I try to remind myself of every bad thing in that relationship so I don't miss anything. lol

But the thing is, Making new memories is the best way to go.

People come in & out of your life, everyone of them leaving an imprint in your life. Be thankful for them & let them know it. And continue growing as a person. sometimes that means growing apart, but never forgetting.

I know ho you feel as I had a great relationship with my ex's family and miss them all a lot. Her parents called me around Christmas and we had a nice chat but of course it knocked me back a bit. Time will put you right back on track, give it a week or so and you will stop thinking about that meeting and the past so much. Memories of the exes are so bittersweet for such a long time after a break up. I just try to not think about the past and focus on the future.