My old friends are being weird

I'm 22 and finished university last July. I'm in touch with some of my friends from uni and we text regularly and I've met up with a few of them a few times.

However, Another group of friends I have from uni just seem to be ignoring me completely. I invited them to my home town for my birthday and they couldn't make it. A couple of my other uni friends came but to be honest I understood why a lot of people couldn't come because its a long way to come. One of them didn't even reply to my message or acknowledge my birthday though.

However, its one of their birthdays soon and I've read on their myspace page that they're going back to our uni town. I'm not sure who's been invited but I haven't. I still text people from this group but I've heard things about them all meeting up and I just haven't been invited at all. To be honest Its starting to get a bit rude because I've said to them they're welcome to come and visit me yet when they do something i'm not invited.

What do you lot think?

You're right, this other group of "friends" of yours is rude. You are keeping in touch with those that are truly your friends now and those are the friends you should focus on. Don't waste any more time on the other group. Go out, have fun and keep meeting new people!

I even lived with a couple of them while at uni. The other group of friends i've kept in touch with better I had become closer to towards the end of uni.

I agree they are being totally rude. I had text them with messages suggesting meeting up, and theyve replied saying 'oh yes we should'. Its just making me paranoid and thinking did they ever like me, or am i just a forgettable person or something?

The ones you've kept in touch with now were the ones you were closer to near the end of university? I think this is a case of people changing over time. I know many of my friends who are closer to those they met in their last year in college than those in the earlier years. They've just grown and changed in a way where you and them don't have that closeness anymore. Don't worry about it, you're still young and have plenty of opportunities to meet many more people and make many more friends!