Question for the shy guys!

ladeedah

Stop me if you've heard this one...

See, In trying to go down the "comfortable, non invasive, non intimidating" route, you'll soon find yourself with a brand new friend. Not girlfriend, just a friend.

Do I sound bitter? It's cause I've been there more than once. If you try to make things friendly, you'll find yourself a friend. But that's it. Once you're a friend... it's hard for them to see you as anything else. Not impossible, I suppose, but hard.

But... If you wanted to try this route... I guess you need to have something in common. Anything at all: Music, movies, pets, video games (hey, it happens), politics, hobbies, etc. As for excuses for why you wanna hang out with her... just say somethin' like: "Hey, I was thinking about what you said the other day...." and argue some point she brought up. Be confident, that's the best advice I can give you, dude.

And hey, if you figure it out, lemme know. I... uh... have a friend who'd like to know as well.

Stop me if you've heard this one...

See, In trying to go down the "comfortable, non invasive, non intimidating" route, you'll soon find yourself with a brand new friend. Not girlfriend, just a friend.

Do I sound bitter? It's cause I've been there more than once. If you try to make things friendly, you'll find yourself a friend.

I agree that being friendly but non-assertive will probably lead you to friendship. But what is wrong about being non-invasive and non-intimidating?

Don't pick a fight. If she says something you don't agree with, then you can state your side, but don't cause and argument just because you like her. If you like a girl, you need to see whether she might have an interest in you. You have to look at her body language, how she talks to you, 90% of her communication is going to be non verbal.

After that, you get her phone number and ask her out on a date. Find out quickly, let her know you intentions quickly otherwise you will just end up becoming friends. Why go through months of agony when a simple question will give you the answer.

Also, always be light, positive, fun. That is the key. If you are a fun person, people want to be around you.

Example, I went to a house party last weekend at a friends place. Before I got there, the other guys were talking about how cool and fun I was and when I got there, the girls just started talking to me because they knew how fun I am. If a girl is no fun, then why would you want to be with her in the first place, same goes for us guys.