How do I answer that question "appropriately"?

defencerulez

OK, I've been with my gf for almost a year, we love each other and we've been having sex for almost half a year already.

Although we use condoms almost 99% of the time, the burning question that she often ask is, "what if I am pragnent?" IMO, this is a very good question, and this is the answer that I often come up with which is telling the truth, "It is up to you (abortion or no), you are the mother. I'll love to be a father and marry you, but financially and my dedication to work at this moment might bring hardship, but I'll take it if you get pregnent."

Well, she's busy as well with her work and of course she don't want a baby...

Anyways, am I answering this question apporiately?

The only right answer is one that's 100% truthful.

I always told my ex that if I got pregnant, abortion would not be an option. I think it's important for both parties to be straightforward about what they would do in this situation before engaging in behavior that could make that situation a reality. (Although, of course, we can never predict how we would actually react if it happened.)

The only right answer is one that's 100% truthful.

I always told my ex that if I got pregnant, abortion would not be an option. I think it's important for both parties to be straightforward about what they would do in this situation before engaging in behavior that could make that situation a reality. (Although, of course, we can never predict how we would actually react if it happened.)

Agreed, that's something you should talk about before you even start having sex.

I agree with the first poster. Your answer is fine- but if you are not at a point in your life where you are actively ready to become a parent, you should be using condoms 100% of the time, and having your gf get on the pill for added protection is a good idea as well, since neither method is 100% failsafe, but together they provide very good prevention against pregnancy.

i personally always said to my bf if i ever got pregnant i would have an abortion no questions asked.

I am now 22 weeks pregnant lol

you never know how you will react if you or your partner become pregnant, the best thing is for you to be honest with how you feel at the moment.

oh and btw, if i was you i would use condoms 100% of the time and/or she takes another form of contraceptive.

better to be safe than sorry