I cant stop thinking about her.......

Allrite so heres my situation- theres this girl I've become good friends with over the past year and I started having feelings for her. But I've always been afraid to tell her how I really feel because I was afraid that it would ruin our friendship. So going with the phrase "actions speak louder than words" I simply treated her like no other girl I've ever treated before. I would always compliment her about her looks, her sense of humor, and her style. I even went as far as to ask her to prom for our last year of high school and she willingly accepted. Well one time I did bring up the topic of guys that she would want to date and she simply told me that she would never go out with any of the guys in her class (this includes me) I also got a friend of mine (who is a girl) to ask her what she wants in a guy and she told her that she is very shallow when it comes to guys and she wants a guy with very good looks & a lot of money. Well I think I'm a pretty ok looking guy & I'm told I have an excellent personality but I am also far from being rich. My guy friends warned me about her saying that she's just gonna use me for what I'm worth and throw me away when shes done and they say that I need to seriously get over her. But I think I've become so attached to her its hard to do this and I feel like when we go to college shes just gonna forget about me and I will feel even worse. I dont know why I feel this way about her but when she talks to me I just feel so great and everything seems right at that time but like when she tells me stuff shes done with other guys (shes still a virgin but like guys shes hooked up with) I feel like crap. I really feel like the saying "nice guys finish last" really applies to me and in the end I'm just gonna be hurt. If there's ANY advice anyone could give me on what would be the best thing to do in this situation I would greatly appreciate it.

It sounds like you like this girl a lot. For girls, when they find out one of their friends likes them more than the "just friend" crap, it is very hard and kind of uncomfortable. Before you do anything rash, and i know it can be hard, reflect long and hard. is it love or lust? I will not judge your friend at all, but if she is in it for looks and money, how long do you think it will last? In a couple of months she will tire of you and you of her, you will break up, and lets face it, we can be friends is enough crap to fertilize her majestys garden for years to come. i know what it feels like to be in love with a friend. it is so hard for me to be close to him, but really i'm not close. its frustrating. but i have to tell myself i will lose him if i dive face first into this. this is coming from a girl, who may be completely different from your girl. In all seriousness, i lie about my guy type all the time because im already in love and i am afraid of being turned away. That sucks. A LOT. just wait and see how close you are to her really, just slip in and be there for her. if you come out and say it it will surprise her, catch her off guard and you will NOT get the desired results. Just show her that you love her first. then she'll figure it out on her own. you do NOT have to follow my advice if you feel not to. do whats in your heart. and if you do not do whats in your heart, you dont deserve her. but good luck