Discusting thoughts about ex and new b.f

I posted a thread a while ago about my ex of over a year and a half.. Well she drinks ALOT with her new b.f and her friends and they tell me about some of the stuff that my ex told her and her new boyfriend did.. I am going crazy here because I am getting pictures of my ex and her new b.f having sex and other things like that and since I am not even close to being over her this hurts me alot.. I just can't see her doing that with anyone else besides me.. When we did it, it was meaningful and we started in each others eyes an stuff like that.. Now she does all of this stuff when she is drunk and it is making me nuts...Any idea on clearing my head?

Hate to say it, but none of us can clean your mind for you, you have to do that yourself. If your supposed "friends" are telling you these things......TELL THEM TO STOP BECAUSE IT BOTHERS THE HELL OUT OF YOU. The fact that they don't have the common sense to realize this themselves is pretty sad. But, some people just need to be smacked upside the head with a brick, what can I say.....

You have to sort through this yourself. Yes, it's going to bother you, of COURSE it is. But try to distract yourself. Ask out someone you might be attracted to (as long as it's for the right reasons, and not some inner desire to "get back" at this girl/woman.) Go hiking, hang out with friends, go shopping, WHATEVER...also, writing your feelings down helps somewhat too. (At least for me, it did....) You can vent your frustrations in this way without lashing out at someone who doesn't deserve it. As soon as you've written it down, throw it away. Rip it to shreds, if that makes you feel better. But try not to dwell on it so much. People do move on, there's no way to keep them chained to your memory like you're chained to theirs.

As Mar pointed out, tell your friends that you don't want to hear anything about your ex. You've got to get out and keep yourself occupied, forget about her though I know it is going to be difficult for you. Accepting the fact that she's not with you anymore and is with someone else will be hard. Though things are tough now, life goes on whether you like it or not.

It's up to you whether you can take the leap forward and go on without her. We've all been there where you are now, we've felt the pain and betrayal but time is the one thing that helps to heal the heart. I've lost someone I've been with for 9 years and believe me it was devastating when she left for someone else. I didn't think I would ever get over it but I did. I chose to move on and so should you. What you do now depends on you. Do you mope around wishing things were different or do you go on to meet that someone new who could turn your whole life around. It's totally up to you. What I've said may seem a little harsh but it's to the point. Hope you do the right thing, you don't need to suffer needlessly.