Help with proposal

Okay so I got a beautiful ring. Now its time to pop the question. Here is my plan. I'm giving her 3 envelopes. Each one will have a love letter/card and an envelope. I delivered the first envelope today. It had sunscreen in it. The next one will have sandals. I'm going to have a friend who is a cop (she doesn't know him) pull her over and act like he's writing her a ticket, then give it to her. The third envelope will have a swimsuit. I will have someone else deliver it in a similar way. Anyway, I'm gonna take her out on a sailboat, have dinner, then propose at sunset.

The thing I need help with is this: How do I get a sailboat?!?! Can you "rent" one and have someone take you out on it? Like those fishing excursions? Do they have companies that specialize in this type of thing? I've never even seen a sailboat. We live in Arizona. I'm going to drive her 10 hours just to propose, then come home. Maybe play around on the beach or something, but that's it. Money and time are not important. I'll spend as much of either as I have to so I can do this for her. She loves sailboats but has never been on one. I'm going to fine tune the little details to suit our circumstance and relationship, but this is the main idea. If anyone can help I would really, really, really appreciate it! I need to know what to look for as far as how to be able to get on a sailboat for a few hours. Thanks!

Sadly I know nothing about Arizona sailing... but that sounds REALLY cool!!! Good luck

In Chicago we have the lake here, and there are boats that are rentable.. however Lake Michigan is kind of large.. and popular... So I'm not sure how it would work out for you!!! There might be a way for you to contact a private boat owner.... explain the situation... and see if they would be willing to take you out for a little bit..... start by contacting some sort of port that keeps sail boats... I know where we keep our sailboat: its a very close knit community that are all really nice and helpful... hopefully you can find someone like that!!! Good luck!!

• 2 weeks later...

The thing I need help with is this: How do I get a sailboat?!?! Can you "rent" one and have someone take you out on it? Like those fishing excursions?

everyplace has charter sailboats w/ captains. google the name of place you want to go and "sailboat charter"

i.e. newport rhode island sailboat charter/ miami florida sailboat charter etc.