Growing up I was always the skinny one. Now that I started to lift I have gain 12lbs of muscles and fill out a little bit. However, for some reason I'm not gaining anymore weight. It's been like this for two weeks. I even took a week OFF of physical activity in the case that I was over training but I started to lose weight. This totally knocked out my motivation for lifting. How can I gain more muscles?

Eat more protien. Best to have it in all your 3 main meals for the day. If for any reason that can't work, you can always bulk up with protien shakes/powders. A serving can contain up 40 grams of protien.

Keep your muscles challenged. Change your workout. Otherwise, your muscles might get used to the one you're doing and just...not have to work as hard.

Also, you can always try lifting very heavy weights. Not so heavy that you hurt yourself, but enough that by the 8th rep, you can't do anymore... With heavy weights and small reps, you really give your muscles a challenge.

Hope this helped! =)

Judging by your picture you look like a very little person. By little I mean bone structure. Our bodies come "pre-programmed" with the information on how much more muscle we can actually put on our bodies, and by your shoulder span and your basic picture, I have a feeling that 12 lbs is all you're going to get. If I am wrong on that aspect, I would try taking more Iron and Protein into your diet via pills or lovely things like liver and onions. Iron will help with the production of red blood cells, which carry oxygen through out your body, including your muscles. Your muscles need this oxygen to "get bigger". Protein will help with the tearing down and rebuilding of muscle tissue. It's possible that is all it is, but I would not be surprised if your body frame won't allow that much more muscle. Also, consult a physical trainer, maybe your program is all wrong.

How long have you been lifting? How much have you been lifting? And how often?

Try protein shakes like the other posters said, twice a day if you can, one right after your work out. Instead of the 3 meals a day, try 6 smaller ones if possible. Someone else in another thread said putting more carbs into your diet will also help, so maybe try that. And if you do try protein shakes, putting oatmeal, peanut butter and milk into it will give you a little more protein.

It's not impossible for someone your size, so don't give up. It just takes time and patience. I'm around your size and I'm gaining weight and muscles. Slowly, but surely.

Hope I can help.