which contraceptive pill?

I use Trivora, which is a generic substitute for Triphasil. They don't do much except what they're supposed to do, and I don't have terrible cramps anymore. I'd like to try something that's good for skin but I don't want to push my luck. If it made me break out or made anything worsen then I'd definitely do what you're doing and change to something else because a lot of people have problems with a lot of pills until they get the right one for them.

I've been on Seasonal for 3 years. I love it! I only get my period 4 times a year. So when I do get it, I don't mind it at all. I know there are people out there who will say, "That's not normal. You NEED to get your period." But I've discussed this with my doctor and we've decided this is a good choice for me.

Yasmin all the way, steer clear of Marvelon!

That's just my experience, however.

Yes...Yasmin... I've been on it for about 4 years. Prior to that, my skin was god awful...Now, I only get a couple of blemishes a week before my period. Granted, it could also be in part to growing out of my awkward preteen/teen years. But, I haven't gotten pregnant yet so I suppose that's all that really matters

I was on yasmin for 3 years. I was normal prior to going on it, but when I went off it I reacted really badly as my body was overcompensating for the lack of testosterone over the years. I had terrible acne on my face and back, no periods for 9 months (until I went back on the pill), I was uncontrollably horny, I lost 15 lbs and my moods were erratic. My doctor says Yasmin is the worst for the post-pill side effects.

Now I'm on Yaz, which is a lower dose than yasmin and I get shorter periods because it's got 24 active pills, instead of 21.

I almost wish I had never gone on the pill. I can't handle the side effects of coming off it, so now I have to stay on it. I also worry about cancer.

I was on yasmin for 3 years. I was normal prior to going on it, but when I went off it I reacted really badly as my body was overcompensating for the lack of testosterone over the years. I had terrible acne on my face and back, no periods for 9 months (until I went back on the pill), I was uncontrollably horny, I lost 15 lbs and my moods were erratic. My doctor says Yasmin is the worst for the post-pill side effects.

Now I'm on Yaz, which is a lower dose than yasmin and I get shorter periods because it's got 24 active pills, instead of 21.

I almost wish I had never gone on the pill. I can't handle the side effects of coming off it, so now I have to stay on it. I also worry about cancer.

wow, that's interesting... I went off of yasmin for almost a year and didn't really have periods but I assumed it was from my medical condition, it didnt even occur to me it could be the BC since it had been SO long (I actually thought i was pregnant!) You lost weight after going off yasmin? hmmm... maybe i should look into this yaz one. thanks for that info

wow, that's interesting... I went off of yasmin for almost a year and didn't really have periods but I assumed it was from my medical condition, it didnt even occur to me it could be the BC since it had been SO long (I actually thought i was pregnant!) You lost weight after going off yasmin? hmmm... maybe i should look into this yaz one. thanks for that info

haha, I thought I was pregnant lots of times. I wasted so much money on EPTs. But yes, I lost weight after going off yasmin. My boobs deflated down to a D-cup and my pants were hanging off me. I've been told that it's probably just water weight, but I looked so much thinner. Now I've gained 3 lbs back on yaz and I'm back up to a DD. I do feel much better at 118 lbs, than at 130 and my acne has cleared up completely. I no longer have the insatiable sex drive, which has its good and bad side.

I'm also on yasmin. I just started taking the pills actually and i've only been on the med for about 2 months. but it started working right from the start. i never really had a bad complexion, but now i'm totally acne free! my period has got noticeably better as well. no cramps, no acne, smaller appetite...what more could i ask for?! yasmine definitely has my vote..ofcourse i haven't come off of it yet..so i havent experienced any side effects like the girls above