sleep walking!

Back in highscool I remember one time I woke up completely dressed and showered in the doorway to my bedroom.

For some reason I had woke up at like 3am, thought it was around the normal time I had to get up ... got out of bed, showered (and didn't wake up? Wow) and got dressed and ready to go.

Sadly I had to undo it all and go back to bed for a few hours, and redo it all over again. lol

Since then I've taken medication to help me sleep before, and woke up in a different room, but that I've just blamed on being drugged.

So I woke up with no shirt on!!!! lol it was kind weird!!! could it have been a form of sleep walking??? this ever happen to anyone else??? my friend said she woke up on the floor and another friend said she woke up in her bathing suit!!!! LOL

I've done some strange things while i've been asleep before.

(mostly have just been flipped around upside-down in bed....)

are you taking anything at night to help you sleep, like ambien?

i've read some things about that being a side effect.

i also know some people who have taken that and prepared WHOLE

MEALS and don't remember doing it......

Alcohol is definitely the thing that causes me to sleepwalk - but only if I've had quite a lot. Anyway here's a funny sleepwalking story...

I've been on a few sailing holidays on the southern mediterranean coast of Turkey, which were absolutely fantastic. There was a group of five families that all used to go together, one of which was my ex-girlfriend's family, and all the kids were the same age (generally early 20s), and all the kids also took friends. As you can imagine, sailing in a flotilla of 5 boats means it's always a race, which is pretty fun, and then in the evenings a group of 30 people is pretty good to go out with.

So on one night we were in Gocek, which is a small but lively town, and went out for dinner then a considerable amount of drinks. One of the group managed to get into an argument with a bartender in one of the places we visited, but we moved on, went to a few more bars, and finally rolled back to the boats somewhat the worse for wear and went to bed.

And then I woke up. Back in the centre of town, and to my surprise wearing only my underpants - in the bar we had been ejected from a few hours previously. I was surrounded by a group of angry men who started to shout at me, and though my Turkish is limited I got the distinct impression that they weren't particularly pleased to see me. I legged it as fast as could.

In retrospect it's quite a comedy situation being pursued in your pants by a hollering group of locals, but at the time I was seriously running for my life, which I guess explains how I managed to outrun them barefoot. When I got to the marina gate - probably about a mile away - I banged on it until the guard came and opened it and let me in, slamming it behind me so the pursuing mob couldn't get through. It looked briefly like they would talk him round to open it and let them in, but luckily he wouldn't... so I went back to bed thinking all was OK.

However, my girlfriend woke me up in some distress a few hours later, and peering through my hangover I could see that there was a considerable amount of blood on the bedding in our cabin, which we eventually traced to my big toe which appeared to have been stubbed with some considerable force. I had also clearly been for a bit of a wander around the boat when i got back, as there were bloody footprints all over the deck as well. Pretty grim!

I sleep walk alot. I have done laundry, made food/beverages, had imaginary "adventures" ( I tried to walk through a mirror once). I learned that I can't open doors in my sleep... so if I close the door to the room I am sleeping in, I may travel around the room, but at least I won't get out of the room (or my apartment).