The guy I just started dating has ADD.

n83

No, I just want to be friends. Girlie wants to be more. ...don't think so. I am moving for Pete's sake (I don't even know who Pete is).

I told her I don't want a relationship right now, but I do want to get to know her. She translates that to mean, I don't want a relationship with her. Maybe she is right.

She is too fast on the trigger....give a brother a break....

Good to know your "boy" can catch his breath...

Sounds like you like him...so what's the problem?

I went on a few dates with someone that has ADD. He didn't tell me at first but it was obvious by the 2nd date. By the third he was talking about not wanting to take meds (or trying naturally) to control it...it really got to be too much. That said, maybe the "spark" just wasn't there. Had I really liked him ADD wouldn't have mattered.

She translates that to mean, I don't want a relationship with her. Maybe she is right.

There's probably something about her that deep down that you realize isn't right for you...

Had I really liked him ADD wouldn't have mattered.

I don't know if that's true.. I mean, I like him enough to want to try to see him, but so far this is already frustrating.. It's hard when I tell things about myself to him and he says he doesn't remember, but I remember a ton of stuff about him that he's told me.. I want that reciprocated and if it doesn't happen, I'm not sure I'll be able to continue dating him.

I don't know if that's true.. I mean, I like him enough to want to try to see him, but so far this is already frustrating.. It's hard when I tell things about myself to him and he says he doesn't remember, but I remember a ton of stuff about him that he's told me.. I want that reciprocated and if it doesn't happen, I'm not sure I'll be able to continue dating him.

Well said. I really liked the last girl, but if she can't return texts in a normal fashion or at least think about me once in a while, how can she want to date? You can say whatever you want, but actions DO speak the loudest.

Regardless of memory skills, take a pad with you next time and when you tell him something and he comments on not remembering it; pull the pad out and ask him to write it down. ;-) How funny would that be???

Dating somone with a disabiliy takes a special kinda of personality. I'm lucky, mine isn't a big deal in romantic relationships, but this is a big deal.

My opinion is that it is wrong for you to expect him to take medication (make a drastic change to himself) if he dosn't want to.

But as he should understand how is disability effects others, it is wrong for him to hold this against you.

If it bothers you and you can't have the relationship you are looking for, I think you need to move on.

-Peace

My opinion is that it is wrong for you to expect him to take medication (make a drastic change to himself) if he dosn't want to.

But as he should understand how is disability effects others, it is wrong for him to hold this against you.

exactly.. I would never "force" him to medicate cuz of it.. I just don't know .. if he can't reciprocate, I might have to give him the walking papers. I guess only time will tell..