need ur ideas and input

steff

throughout 2006 i lived by myself. i struggeled financially, living off $120Australian a week, (if that) admittetly my parents owned the house, yet i still paied food, transport, gas, water ect. i struggled and hardly ever ate food, or went out on a social basis. i worked three jobs, was a full time student, and had two volunteer jobs.

i then went into cronic depression, attempted suicide, and started cutting. i was then raped and put into a pysch ward for two weeks.

my parents took me home (as in back to their place) and now im hating it. i only have one job, and not any perment shifts, i feel useless, and not needed. i hate living at home with my parents as now they want to spend every last second with me and wont give me time to my self at all...

i need all your ideas, as to the best ways to save money so i can move out again. or any ideas as to how i can deal with my situation at the moment.

thanks guys.

I am really sorry that you have been through such a bad stage, and I totally understand how restricting and horrible it can feel to be back at home. I know you probably know this, and it makes little difference, but it is because your parents care about you, that is why they are spending so much time with you.

I also feel a great need to feel financially independent and needed, and that is a large reason I work so many jobs too. I suppose the important thing is to remember to balance work, with school and with fun. I know it seems hard to make ends meet, really I do, but I look for jobs that are more stable, and better paying. I also spent my first year in higher education, with my parents paying my rent, and working so that I could be independent.

So my advice, only cause it works for me, is that you should look for another job. Seriously, you can balance them. That way you will be earning more money, and feel useful and valued, even when perhaps your family and friends aren't making you feel like that, no matter how hard they try. But try to ask smaller places for jobs, like family run businesses, while it is less likely they will have jobs abounding, they are faithful. I worked off and on in a florist from 1999 til two years ago, and i always felt like one of the team, and the pay was fair, and I knew the people I worked with well. I also recommend trying to work with children, once you feel happy enough - because it is amazing how they need you, and how you realise you can be there for them. Babysitting, nannying, coaching sport. No matter how bad my day is, after an hour or two with even teenage children under my care, I feel much better about myself.

I wish you luck. You can do it. Use your parents as a base until you have a bulk of savings, and don't stop saving even when you move out. I know it is hard to do, but it makes all the difference, so that once in a while you can spoil yourself, rather than just day to day things. Feel free to Personal Message me if you need...

Hi

Sorry to hear that.

Remember to build a strong support system for financial and emotional support. Let your close and trusted friends who lives nearby you understand you situation so that when your depression strike, there is someone to go to for help.

In terms of struggling financially, I know it feels great to volunteer to help people and children. But currently, you have to help yourself first. I would suggest you to quit, if not two, at least one of the volunteer job first. And find a part time work that you like and would pay you well.

Once you are financially stable then you could resume your volunteer work. One of the financial planning quotation is "pay yourself first". Every week, once you get your pay, put aside some money and not to use it unless it is an emergency. Minimum threshold of emergency buffer fund is 3 months of your monthly expenses.

At this stage of life, you need to set priority.

Besides that, remember to eat and sleep properly for the sake of your mental and physical health. Drink more water, eat more vegetables and fish.