Turbulent on again off again

There's this girl that I've been dating on again, off again for a couple of years now. We've already gotten together/broken up three times! every time it was her decision to break up, then we won't see each other for a few months, Then we will meet up to be "friends" which always leads to us jumping into bed and getting back together. The thing is, the relationship only lasted while she had nothing else to do. We were together during summer vacation last year, then she dumped me. After that it was spring break, again she dumped me. Then we were together during the last summer vacation, then I was once again dumped. Now it's near Christmas time and she's wanting to start "talking" again. Are you starting to see a pattern? Whenever we are near the end of a relationship, we start fighting like crazy over tiny, unimportant issues, (mostly brought up by her) Which she uses as an excuse to dump me. By the Way, the sex between us is MIND BLOWING(not bragging, really). I've always been interested in a long term relationship with her(she's the one who always ended things). Should I talk to her and hope things turn out different? Or should I expect more of the same?

The question is ..why would you WANT to get back with someone who discards you so easily?? Aside from the sex your getting I cann't fathom how you can be happy in this situation.....unless of course you're a masochist.

Do yourself a favor and find someone who doesn't change their mind about you more often than they change their underwear.....

In that case you have to make her realise that she can't treat you like crap. If you get back together again she'll break your heart again through the same vicious cycle, or she'll meet someone else and fall madly in love with them, leaving you at square one = heartbroken and empty.

No matter how many times she get's back to you things won't be different until you make things different. She needs to respect you for if she did, she wouldn't dare to hurt you in the first place.

How do you make things different?

Do what you didn't do. Be independent and not so open to her. Don't let her whisk back into your life and let her know that you're not gonna wait around for a great gf!

Hugs!