With much help and comfort from folks in this forum, I was doing great with the (8 months ago) break-up until this week.

My now-ex-bf told me he could not get serious with me and we 'both' since then determined to move on. Since "that talk", we have had limited contact (entirely through IM) for a small chat every now and then (like once a week) and it has always been pleasant. My feeling for him has never gone away, though he is no more on my priority list. On a busy day, I could just go do my things without thinking about him a bit.

Despite labeling each other 'friend', we once went on a 10-day vacation together (his idea and money), and we actually spent time together 24/7 for weeks on a few occasions. We showed up at our friends' events as a couple and both of us had a great time and enjoyed each other company.

I want to get married and one day have children (I am in my 30s). With him telling me he could not get serious with me, I have determined to move on.

How do I go about it? The ex-bf is still around and I must admit I enjoy chatting with him once in a while. Should I do a cold-turkey and stop talking to him all at once?

Thank you in advance for your advice.