is this a silly idea??

Hey I have 2 questions. The first is - I'm seeing this guy for the first time next weekend and we have beeen talking for awhile and hes driving 2.5 hours out to see me next weekend. Anyways, I thought as a nice gesture, I'd make a CD for him, nothing mushy or anything, just something new to play on the way home.... Is this too much for a first meeting??

Secondly - I had major car issues this weekend and these two older gentlemen on my staff saved me, they took care of everything for me besides the cost, but got my car towed, drove me places, etc... and I want to buy/do something to thank them. Any ideas??

I agree with xcsteeplechaser, I think its a sweet idea to make a CD. But because its still a new relationship just play it down a little so you dont appear to be coming on too strong

just say that you really appreciate him driving this far away to come see you so the least you coudl do was make him a CD for him to listen to.

For the second you could get them a gift but I'm sure they helped you out just because they are nice people not because they wanted anything in return. But a thankyou card is a nice idea if you really want to do something.

Sure, give the guy the CD, you can say you have an extra one, so it's more casual... and as far as the gentlemen from work helping you out, yes, defintely a "thank you" card and maybe a gift card to starbucks or someplase you know they love. But a "thank you" card that expresses your gratitude is enough too...

Hey I have 2 questions. The first is - I'm seeing this guy for the first time next weekend and we have beeen talking for awhile and hes driving 2.5 hours out to see me next weekend. Anyways, I thought as a nice gesture, I'd make a CD for him, nothing mushy or anything, just something new to play on the way home.... Is this too much for a first meeting??

Secondly - I had major car issues this weekend and these two older gentlemen on my staff saved me, they took care of everything for me besides the cost, but got my car towed, drove me places, etc... and I want to buy/do something to thank them. Any ideas??

First I would not make a CD until you've been dating steadily in person for a few months at least (unless he makes you a CD). Second, I would get these men gift certificates.

Thanks guys Not to worry - the CD is just some good, positive, upbeat driving music. Nothing lovey-dovey. He said he likes country music so its all country. I'm excited - can you tell?

Also, no matter how long you have been typing and talking for purposes of romantic compatibility he is a complete stranger and you don't know how he reacts to gifts in the context of a romantic/dating relationship. I would keep my expectations that this will come to anything very very low - raised expectations might cause you to be disappointed even if he is perfectly nice and a good guy.

I think that the CD is really no big deal. You can present it in a casual way as someone else mentioned. I don't think the CD is going to lead him on.

As for the two guys. I think that a card is a little to formal. A gift or gift certificate with a note jotted on it is good.