I so want to send one, it has only been a few days of NC but I just want to say a simple miss ya! I mean she couldn't explain why we are done, I told her I would give space but this is killing me and I do have to see her at work tomorrow. How much would it hurt? All the times in the past I went to her to "break the ice" why should this time be different, maybe that is what she is waiting for?

I guess this is why I am on here...my best friends are telling me to text her, saying "you are miserable and you guys got back together before by doing that" and "if she doesn't text back you know where you are...done...if she does well you have hope" Does this make sense or is they totally off???

My opinion?

Texting her would probably only continue the cycle of misery, in the long run.

You'll have relief for ten minutes to an hour, maybe a little longer if she responds...but will it change anything? how many times have you repeated the cycle?

Everyone is miserable for a bit after break up. If you stick it out, it'll get better. If you let yourself keep going back to test the waters, it could very possibly turn into months of agony. Envision all the consequences of what texting her would do, then try to figure out how you'll feel. Will it be worth it? How many times are you willing to be rejected?

I'm not exactly advising you stop yourself, but just think through the possible results. She may not miss you like you miss her, and that's going to hurt.

Good luck!

*grabs chest* I'm coming samantha, to the big junk yard in the sky!

Ok, first off, let me get this through your head.

The longer you stay in contact with her, the more you will hurt.

Let's repeat that:

The longer you stay in contact with her, the more you will get hurt.

Because let me tell you, I didn't do a NC thing with one of my ex's, and stayed in contact.

Oh man, it kept me miserable for 4+ months. Huge depression, crying all the time. Man o man, if I would have just broke it clean. Life would have moved on much quicker.

Ya sure I went out on dates, not really looking for anything serious afterwords. Mainly just some fun (no sex btw =D booya) I will say 150,000% that my ex breaking up with me made me 100% better of a person and there is something about the after breakup fake confidence that you portray because honestly, after you break up with someone you love you're not interested in someone new very easily. So you appear interested but not interested 90% better than you do if you were single flat out (ever heard the saying, once you have a girlfriend it's easier to get a girlfriend.

Goodfella -- look at the bright side.

You've ripped off the bandaid, the bottom's fallen out. The road is steady and surely uphill from here. Though it hurts, you are no longer in doubt. She doesn't feel that way about you. There are a million more questions that I'm sure you'd love her to answer, but now you know the answer to the most important one -- it's over. We're here for you!

Make sure you leave it there now, after sending that text (which i would have done too) you may be more easily swayed to send others, I know how blinking tempting it is, im on day 5 nc and its hell and earth, even just seeing my other on messanger, plucking up the courage not to double click her name is soooo hard...i managing so far and its getting easier - SLOWLY!

Keep posting here when you get the urge!